• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Billy Mohl!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Sk00b said:

I don't care too much about overall record. I would hope we use the out of conference games as "spring training". However, as you near conference play we should be winning majority of those. I was probably premature (and drunk) when i started this one. Verdict is still out on conference play but i think we know where we will end up when all said and done.

Well you were understandably pissed about the lack of Flex fit USF baseball hats ... who can blame you 😃

Edited by olafberserker

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Fair enough. I guess it would depend on the team. Seemed we had a lot of unknowns going into this season as far as pitching was concerned.

It was obvious after the first weekend that pitching was going to be an issue.

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,141
  • Days Won:  56

12 hours ago, olafberserker said:

Yeah, Dave but we did win and win before losing in the Super Regional.  If you want to play the if game ... if we had a few of those pitchers that signed instead of staying or coming here we're probably not talking about being 6 games below .500.

As for league play ... we're not discounting it but we have 3 pitchers that belong at the D1 level currently with a couple of maybes ... tough to win games with that so Mohl is doing the best he can with what he has.  Want to blame him for poor recruiting ... fine.  But we are where we are now so rooting for good play in conference and finishing as strong as possible for the conference tourney is where we're at.  We are not going 19-0 in conference the rest of the way and I could care less about the midweek games at this point so trying to win 2 out of 3 each weekend is our goal.  Hopefully we can outscore the Green Wave tomorrow because I don't expect us to toss a shutout.

All I'm saying is if someone's going to rush to the computer to bump the Fire Mohl! thread after a loss and pile on then they should jump on here to talk about the wins and the good play too ... especially now that we're in conference.

I got you. I guess I’m just sick and tired of losing. I had no idea about the pitching this year, but I did hope that guys like Dietz, Grause, Volini and Cebert, who were all true freshmen last year, would take a step forward. Cebert has been up and down. The other two are out there throwing batting practice and Volini must have an arm issue(?)

And offensively, it looked like we might be set up to be really good with Brutcher, Cantu, Mayo, Boser, Brodil, Rivera, and Rozenblum all returning. Cantu is really the only one who’s better than a year ago. It’s been Montes and Snow - Betancourt and Sankovich to a lesser extent - who’ve been more consistent producers. Heck, Betancourt has driven in 12 runs in 16 games and our preseason all-conference guy has just 17 RBI in 32 games. Rozenblum, Brodil and Mayo are all hitting under .200.

Just another disappointing season when it felt like we might have had enough horses to not lose more than we win. I’ve never been a really negative guy when it comes to USF sports - on the contrary - but there are limits and I guess I’ve reached mine at this point.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

14 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

A win here and there means little when you’re consistently under .500

It's all about perspective. That's a good way to look at it, I guess, late in the season where your fate has almost been determined but the win here puts us at 3-2 in conference, 1/2 game out of first. Don't follow bb that close but seems we have a kind of Jekyll/Hyde team, determined by various factors. Who knows what the rest of the conf schedule holds but it's better than being 0-5 ....... again, all about perspective, IMO.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

15 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Don't follow bb that close but seems we have a kind of Jekyll/Hyde team, determined by various factors.

You know what you need to know.  😂

42 minutes ago, Brad said:

You know what you need to know.  😂

I rarely ever am in that position ...

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,141
  • Days Won:  56

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

It's all about perspective. That's a good way to look at it, I guess, late in the season where your fate has almost been determined but the win here puts us at 3-2 in conference, 1/2 game out of first. Don't follow bb that close but seems we have a kind of Jekyll/Hyde team, determined by various factors. Who knows what the rest of the conf schedule holds but it's better than being 0-5 ....... again, all about perspective, IMO.

It’s better than being 0-5. I guess I can agree with that, but, geeez . . .   🙂

57 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

It’s better than being 0-5. I guess I can agree with that, but, geeez . . .   🙂

LOL ....better than 2-3, too. :shade: