• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

IPF Reminder

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

On 1/6/2023 at 10:29 AM, Ricky the Bull said:

Thank you.  My wife and I do it not because of who is coaching, who the AD is, or even the "direction"...but because it is our school and teams we are helping. As was rightly stated, athletics is the front door to the university and we want to keep the entryway looking nice.

I think you can carry the stadium by yourself.  A cool $100mil should get you naming rights.  Hoping Savage family can also name the OCS field.  Then it would be Savage Field at Cousin Ricky Stadium.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,713
  • Days Won:  424

5 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

A lot easier for everyone else to donate when they know they aren't dropping a few dollars that ultimately will be useless

It’s up to the John Lewis’s at USF to pound it in to those misguided souls’ heads that nothing they give will be useless, no matter what anyone else does.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

44 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Then it would be Savage Field at Cousin Ricky Stadium

Not sure why my name keeps coming up in these. I have the same shot at the lottery as everyone else tonight. But it does make me smile when I see it. But, honestly, it would be Bourbon Bull stadium not Cousin Ricky. Another option would be to use our last name and then talk to Disney about kicking in half.  Tron Stadium and the Ride - put a coaster around the outside of it.

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

If I win I'm naming the stadium  and naming in Thebullspen. Bullpen members get special pricing and seat selection.  I'm taking 10% for the big guy me for every ticket sell. That I will invest in nil deals and facilties as I see fit.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

On 1/7/2023 at 9:58 AM, Brad said:

Not to be a whiny baby, but the board gave $6600 +/-, I/we could have topped that off for TBP to be immortalized in the IPF, next to greats like Faza, RTB and CR!

so for 10k i can be immoratalized

who do i pay

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

It’s up to the John Lewis’s at USF to pound it in to those misguided souls’ heads that nothing they give will be useless, no matter what anyone else does.  

No gift toward a facility, general fund, scholarship, etc. is useless.

We need to build the base of donors up to get us where we all want to go.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

28 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

No gift toward a facility, general fund, scholarship, etc. is useless.

We need to build the base of donors up to get us where we all want to go.

Winning would be that. It is a hard sell to convince people to donate .

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I certainly understand this and know it's a valid argument.

Everyone who posts here is entitled to spend their hard earned money as they see fit. I do know that if we want to get where everyone wants us to be, then some people who aren't donating right now are going to have start aking the commitment now even if the wins aren't as plentiful as we all would like for them to be.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I have never really understood this argument. Wouldn't you want to donate more when the team is struggling to help affect change? Canceling season tickets is one thing if you do not want to invest in seeing the games in person, but not donating to the athletics department when times are tough is similar to "the beatings will continue until morale improves", antithetical. 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

15 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

I certainly understand this and know it's a valid argument.

Everyone who posts here is entitled to spend their hard earned money as they see fit. I do know that if we want to get where everyone wants us to be, then some people who aren't donating right now are going to have start making the commitment now even if the wins aren't as plentiful as we all would like for them to be.

This is basically the truth.

USF will never get ahead if people have a "wait and see" or "prove it to me" approach.  "Build it and they will come" ... or better yet "Donate and good will happen" has to be the mantra for all USF fans, regardless of the wins and losses.

Wins and losses will eventually come, whether it seems like it or not.  However, the current disruption in college football will end sooner rather than later.  USF needs donors now to be ready when that happens.  Think of it like making sure we have a seat when the music stops playing and some schools end up without one... building the donor base doesn't guarantee anything, but it helps tile the odds into USF's favor.

Do you want USF to move up in conferences? Donate to USF.

Do you want USF to get better athletes? Donate to USF -- and to NIL.

Do you want USF to get better coaches? Donate to USF.

Notice I didn't ask if you want USF to win more games... that should not be a criteria for whether or not you donate.  (It can be, I suppose, how much you donate).  Because NOT donating is just cutting off the nose to spite the face.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1