• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Michael Kelly

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Yep.  We should never hire a coordinator, like Leavitt was.  That never works out.

🤦‍♂️

Leavitt was a Co DC. USF needs to fix the defense

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

I would give Kelly 2 more years to see if he can get it turned around. Me not liking the new hire doesn't mean that he can't be successful here. I have been wrong before. Thought Skip Holtz at the time was a good hire; and that didn't work out so well.  Now my expectations in two years is at least a bowl game in football, have the coaching situation sorted out for basketball, and break ground on the new OCS. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

MK swung and missed terribly on his first hire and now he's taking another swing with Golesh.  If he misses this time he won't get a third.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

3 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

MK swung and missed terribly on his first hire and now he's taking another swing with Golesh.  If he misses this time he won't get a third.

If this is a miss he is definitely gone.  If it works, he is legend.   But you have to worry about the next B-Ball hire probably.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

40 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

No Harlan?  

Kelly makes Harlan look like a genius. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I would give Kelly 2 more years to see if he can get it turned around. Me not liking the new hire doesn't mean that he can't be successful here. I have been wrong before. Thought Skip Holtz at the time was a good hire; and that didn't work out so well.  Now my expectations in two years is at least a bowl game in football, have the coaching situation sorted out for basketball, and break ground on the new OCS. 

This seems fair & reasonable. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  254
  • Days Won:  0

MK has 24 months and is on an ultra short leash and like it or not so is Golesh after these last years of gross negligence and deplorable USF football performance.

USF fans largely gave MK and coach Scott an ‘innocent before guilty’ approach but now both MK and Golesh are overtly on a ‘guilty until proven innocent’ standing with the fan base with good solid reasons to support it.

They’ve literally got 24 months in my mind to put out this dumpster fire.  My personal odds are 3:1 both Golesh and MK get flushed with a full revamp leading into the OCS timing and effort.  For me, MK proved his worth with these last 3 or so coaching searches.

People try and tell you who they are and what they’re about and worth, whether you choose to listen is one thing.  MK has been consistent telling and showing us,  if nothing else.  

Guilty until proven innocent means, fan attrition will continue IMO.  They’ve held out long enough in their mind and won’t come back until there is a product on the field to not be grossly embarrassed about.  Let’s be honest fans aren’t asking USF for much more than ‘please give me a reason to take the brown bag with the eyes cut off of my head’ at USF games. Until then, you’ll continue to see fewer continued circular conversations about the ‘value of a coach’, value of intangibles, etc like the pass that Scott received for 3 years.  No more circular conversations and mental masturbation about anything other than performance.   Wins and losses matter and taking this virtual brown bag off our heads matters and nothing else.  

Put up or shut up MK.  You’d have been fired in virtually any other field for this horrible performance.  

Edited by dclenden
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

He probably won’t get 3 swings! This ain’t baseball!  This is USF!! Go Bulls!!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, dclenden said:

Put up or shut up MK.

It is time.  

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, dclenden said:

MK has 24 months and is on an ultra short leash and like it or not so is Golesh after these last years of gross negligence and horrible Performanxe.  

USF fans largely gave MK and coach Scott an ‘innocent before guilty’ approach but both MK and Golesh are overtly on a ‘guilty until proven innocent’ standing with the fan base with good solid reasons to support.

You’ve literally got 24 months in my mind to put out this dumpster fire.  My personal odds are 3:1 both Golesh and MK get flushed with a full revamp leading into the OCS energy.  For me, MK proved his worth with these last 3 or so coaching searches.

People try and tell you who they are and what they’re about and worth, whether you choose to listen is one thing.  MK has been consistent if nothing.  

Guilty until proven innocent means, fan attrition will continue.  They’ve held out long enough in their mind and won’t come back until there is a product on the field to not be grossly embarrassed about.  Until then, you’ll see continued circular conversations about the value of a coach much like Scott.  No more circular conversations and mental masturbation.  Wins and losses and nothing else matters.  

Put up or shut up MK.

X1000