• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF needs to hire a great DC…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

With the lack of a buzz with the new head coach hire. Who has been rumored to not even calling plays on Tenn’s top offense. Hopefully USF spends tons and hires a great DC. That is the way to fix The mess imo. Keep BB and our OL coach. Bring in a great defensive coaching staff.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, Bull Awakening said:

With the lack of a buzz with the new head coach hire. Who has been rumored to not even calling plays on Tenn’s top offense. Hopefully USF spends tons and hires a great DC. That is the way to fix The mess imo. Keep BB and our OL coach. Bring in a great defensive coaching staff.

the days of overspending on coaches are over. It's time to shift the money to the players. They are the ones that win and lose games. BTW you probably shouldn't take rumors on the internet as truth.

In the last two years combined as a playcaller, including his year at UCF, Golesh’s offense is averaging a nation-best 3.06 plays per minute and 1.53 points per minute, which is third in the FBS during that span. Both of his years as an offensive coordinator have seen Golesh’s offenses finish in the FBS top 10 in scoring offense and total offense.

321591_20210310_FB_Headshot_AF_010.jpg?w

Follow @CoachGolesh updated May 2022 Alex Golesh made an immediate impact as Tennessee’s offensive

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

the days of overspending on coaches are over. It's time to shift the money to the players. They are the ones that win and lose games. BTW you probably shouldn't take rumors on the internet as truth.

In the last two years combined as a playcaller, including his year at UCF, Golesh’s offense is averaging a nation-best 3.06 plays per minute and 1.53 points per minute, which is third in the FBS during that span. Both of his years as an offensive coordinator have seen Golesh’s offenses finish in the FBS top 10 in scoring offense and total offense.

321591_20210310_FB_Headshot_AF_010.jpg?w

Follow @CoachGolesh updated May 2022 Alex Golesh made an immediate impact as Tennessee’s offensive

Many UCiFers are saying basically it is Heupal’s offense so maybe our new coach learned?

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Playing Fast on offense is pointless when you can stop the opponent.  We just saw this a few years ago in OC Gilbert and a bit under OC Weiss.  

Many UCiFers are saying basically it is Heupal’s offense so maybe our new coach learned?

of course it's heupel's offense. he is the head coach. just as the offense here will be Golesh's. I'll take the play caller from a top 10 offense over the last 3 years any day. Glad we went with offense and glad we didn't overspend on a retread

Just now, Blackice12 said:

Playing Fast on offense is pointless when you can stop the opponent.  We just saw this a few years ago in OC Gilbert and a bit under OC Weiss.  

Exactly! Our offense has been working fine this season. I guess the hire I am now interested in is the DC. That to me will make a difference in being competitive next season or getting blow out 50-30 in most games next season lol

2 minutes ago, Blackice12 said:

I assume you meant can't. Taggart finished ranked #19 at 11-2 his last year here.

We had the #120 ranked defense.

Just now, Bull94 said:

of course it's heupel's offense. he is the head coach. just as the offense here will be Golesh's. I'll take the play caller from a top 10 offense over the last 3 years any day. Glad we went with offense and glad we didn't overspend on a retread

To not overspend is nice. Have not heard about the contract deal. Like I said our offense was working fine. Fix the defense or we are still a 1-11 team next season lol

Exactly! Our offense has been working fine this season. I guess the hire I am now interested in is the DC. That to me will make a difference in being competitive next season or getting blow out 50-30 in most games next season lol

the problem with scott this year was he coached too conservative early in games until we were in a huge hole. He didn't realize we needed to score on every possession with our defense.

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

I assume you meant can't. Taggart finished ranked #19 at 11-2 his last year here.

We had the #120 ranked defense.

I Freaking hated watching those shoot out games. Talk about heart attack city. Get a defense please