• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Women top #22/18 Texas

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

10 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

One red flag tonight - all five starters played nearly the entire game. No bench production at all. Can’t continue to do that.

That was an issue after the 1st game of the tournament in Ft Myers. I've taken some heat for pointing that out. I'll PM you.

9 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

Gonzalez went down in the 2nd quarter with what appeared to be an ankle injury and she was the biggest contributor off the bench. Ladies have 8 days off before traveling to ranked nc state so we’ll see if she will be good to go and how Jose handles the bench 

We'll be traveling up to that NC State game with the team. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

7 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

That was an issue after the 1st game of the tournament in Ft Myers. I've taken some heat for pointing that out. I'll PM you.

We'll be traveling up to that NC State game with the team. 

It's been an issue for a few seasons now. CJF has no trust in the bench. He rides his starters too hard. Has to learn to work in a few extra bodies. 

6 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

It's been an issue for a few seasons now. CJF has no trust in the bench. He rides his starters too hard. Has to learn to work in a few extra bodies. 

He was doing that in the early tune up games. Unfortunately a couple of them, I believe, played themselves out of playing time. The backup point guard and Priscilla.  Priscilla was pretty sick a week or so ago, played in the first game in Ft Myers but hasn't played since. Maybe she's ill.  Didn't look for her on the bench last night. When Maria comes back I imagine they'll start her at the point and bring Aerial off the bench. Emma doesn't seem ready for prime time yet but with some playing time against some weaker teams she may get to the point where she can spell Dulcy for a few minutes per half - which she did in Ft Myers.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

He as doing that in the early tune up games. Unfortunately a couple of them, I believe, played themselves out of playing time. The backup point guard and Priscilla.  Priscilla was pretty sick a week or so ago, played in the first game in Ft Myers but hasn't played since. Maybe she's ill.  Didn't look for her on the bench last night. When Maria comes back I imagine they'll start her at the point and bring Aerial off the bench. Emma doesn't seem ready for prime time yet but with some playing time against some weaker teams she may get to the point where she can spell Dulcy for a few minutes per half - which she did in Ft Myers.

I understand playing your best players against the top teams, but we need to see him rotating in the younger players against the weaker competition this season. That's part of coaching. If he doesn't, the starters won't have the legs to make a second weekend run in March. 

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

I understand playing your best players against the top teams, but we need to see him rotating in the younger players against the weaker competition this season. That's part of coaching. If he doesn't, the starters won't have the legs to make a second weekend run in March. 

Totally agree. Too early for a doghouse.

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

12 hours ago, CJF the BullGOAT said:

An awesome, well-earned W tonight! Our 3 headed monster of Dulcy, Tsineke, and Sammie THREEsus came to play.

My biggest worry for this team still stands. If DFM gets in foul trouble, or worse injured, we have no post presence like her to take her place. Stay healthy, Dulcy!

And GO BULLS \m/

When does the Ole Miss transfer play? She’s the post help for Dulcy.

36 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

When does the Ole Miss transfer play? She’s the post help for Dulcy.

Still not healthy. Hopefully she and Alvarez will be back before conference play.