• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF players and the Transfer Portal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

5 hours ago, belgianbull said:

I believe the 1100 yards is over 3 years. Last season he had less then 300 yard ( don't know maybe he was injured?).

Still a good pick up, but with Battie leaving I am expecting more RB additions through the transfer portal

The 1,100 yards was over 3 seasons but I think he can be a rotational back here.  2nd or 3rd team type rotational piece.  Remember NDSU has won almost every FCS championships the past 10-12 years and they are as good or better than about half of FBS programs in my opinion.   

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

The 1,100 yards was over 3 seasons but I think he can be a rotational back here.  2nd or 3rd team type rotational piece.  Remember NDSU has won almost every FCS championships the past 10-12 years and they are as good or better than about half of FBS programs in my opinion.   

Oh yes I agree 100 percent; I think he is a good pick up.

However with Batie leaving I still think Coach Golesh needs to find someone who could be our starting RB. Maybe someone in the Bohanon mold ( with that I mean a top RB who perhaps loses their position as a starter in spring training and want to go somewhere where they can start). 

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Nobody cares that we have a new DL transfer from a P5 school?

Where does it say he committed.

4 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Oh yes I agree 100 percent; I think he is a good pick up.

However with Batie leaving I still think Coach Golesh needs to find someone who could be our starting RB. Maybe someone in the Bohanon mold ( with that I mean a top RB who perhaps loses their position as a starter in spring training and want to go somewhere where they can start). 

What about Joiner?  I mean there is a reason he was higher on the depth chart than Battie.  Someone thought he was better. I mean they were probably wrong and Battie was better but he still has potential to be a top tier guy.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

All this **** will be a wash in the end.  NIL will end up evolving and i think all the transfer stuff will slow down in a couple years.

We lost some guys that i feel like had backups that could fill the role just as well. They were fun to watch but at the end of the day it is what it is. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

All this **** will be a wash in the end.  NIL will end up evolving and i think all the transfer stuff will slow down in a couple years.

We lost some guys that i feel like had backups that could fill the role just as well. They were fun to watch but at the end of the day it is what it is. 

Who do you see replacing Battie ?

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

I guess I'm not up on all the intricacies of this NIL ******** .....So EAMG is like a sports agent for college athletes entering the portal?

I believe that is the case he is sporting usf alumni and selling  our best players.

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Who do you see replacing Battie ?

I believe that is the case he is sporting usf alumni and selling  our best players.

Battie started the year out third on the depth chart.  Why is that?  Are the coaches morons, or maybe the coaches who saw practice every day thought we also had other good running backs.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, BullsFanInTX said:

Battie started the year out third on the depth chart.  Why is that?  Are the coaches morons, or maybe the coaches who saw practice every day thought we also had other good running backs.

He was an all American returner and yes most of our previous coach was the worst ever.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

4 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

What about Joiner?  I mean there is a reason he was higher on the depth chart than Battie.  Someone thought he was better. I mean they were probably wrong and Battie was better but he still has potential to be a top tier guy.  

Potential? sure. But it is a big ?  Still need a quality RB through transfer portal. If we learned something about last year is that injuries happen, and you need multiple quality players in the same position.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

3 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Could be a little of both.

I thought Battie looked great the year before last.  I also thought he was only going to see limited use as a RB because of injury possibility, kind of a slighter dude.  But Scott/DaPrato had to overfeed him this year.