• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF players and the Transfer Portal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  39

This person gets it:

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

3 minutes ago, BrowardBull17 said:

We previously hired and ultimately fired a first time head coach. All of these kids transferring have seen the growing pains that come along with that. Instead of hiring a competent and experienced head coach like Tom Herman, MK hired another coach who has never been a head coach at any level previously. It shouldn't be surprising that kids players are bailing. 

Tom Herman's players on the roster we're telling recruits not to come there at Texas. That is a huge red flag.

These kids are transferring because they are good enough to get exposure at a program that will be all over ESPN this year and they want to up their stock to make this sport a career.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

59 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Uh oh:

Ya boy is mad.  Not the same as Mangham leaving.  Lecture me on how this is good.  

Think it's a sign for me to stop paying so attention to college football because NIL is ruining the game.

While these transfers happen to P5s too, it's going to disproportionately make G5s worse.  The G5 has to really dig for talented recruits that got missed.  But now when they find/develop one, the P5s can swoop in with no penalty and take em after a single good year.  

We lost a freaking kicker to the portal ffs....of course Battie was gonna leave.  Hell Byrum Brown might have enough film out there to warrant a dive into the portal. 

But don't worry, our administration is on the case.  They know if these kids were just playing in a smaller, cheaper stadium on campus we would be keeping them.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

4 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

At the end of the day, the future of USF Football will depend on who can Golesh recruit, build and keep at USF. I’m not surprised that we are losing some our best players after the change. If Golesh ends up being a good HC, he will find those players that will produce just as those that left. Don’t forget that none of those leaving and produced here were highly rated when they arrived.

So with that said I will root and support those that choose to come and play at USF. Go Bulls

I agree and this terrible week should not affect whether Coach Golesh is successful or not. All AAC teams are in the same boat when it comes to the transfer portal and the NIL, so if Coach Golesh  is a good coach he will find a way to built a team and win.

But it is worrying that he cant sell the future of the USF program to our current players.

Portal out and portal in?

Just now, belgianbull said:

But it is worrying that he cant sell the future of the USF program to our current players.

We are in the ditch, so he will have to put a year of progress out there to do that probably.  Can we escape the event horizon?

9 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Hell Byrum Brown might have enough film out there to warrant a dive into the portal. 

He will need to get more games or a more complete season and then he will transfer out after that season.

8 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Portal out and portal in?

I am all for adding him to the team. He had 261 yards rushing last year (per espn). However if we lose Battie, I am counting on another RB to come in perhaps with a better resume. Perhaps someone in the mold of a Bohanon ; someone who has proven it on the highest level. Golesh has a lot of work ahead of him over the next coming weeks.

Tweetaganza:

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, BrowardBull17 said:

We previously hired and ultimately fired a first time head coach. All of these kids transferring have seen the growing pains that come along with that. Instead of hiring a competent and experienced head coach like Tom Herman, MK hired another coach who has never been a head coach at any level previously. It shouldn't be surprising that kids players are bailing. 

Yes, that was my worry about not going with a big name experienced coach who could come in right away without training wheels. Its all about having the right connections.  However, I haven't looked specifically at how Herman at FAU  or the Liberty coach ( cant think of his name right now) are doing with recruiting. Although, I will wait to see if Golesh can save this class with bringing adequate replacements for what we  are losing. Still a lot of recruiting to be done this year and for next year. But Golesh needs to hit transfer portal hard, or this year will be another disaster. Cant say that I feel reassured right now.

• Upvote 1