• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woolard should call Charlotte Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

and guaranteed 15,000 tickets would be bought by USF and get that Bowl guaranteed.

Louisville just told the Gator a 25,000 guaranteed. It was in the paper in Miami today that the Gator is giving 12,500 for each team to sell and that they are awaiting result of FSU-VT because last time Miami went it was lowest attended Gator Bowl and UM only sold 6,000

tickets.

We should guarantee that number and work our butts selling them it will erstablish that the Bulls will travel that wil bode well for the future

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

We barely sell that much at home...we couldn't guarentee that...

If the bowl is in Charlotte we'd sell 3-4k at best

Its not a liar situation most schools have to buy the number of tickets given by bowls even if they dont use them.

You get community behind it and it can be done but we must be aggressive about it,.

I disagree i think we will have 8-10,000 easily. every season ticket holder i know is going to the bowl game. you can get a bus deal and get students up there also. you have a month to do it

Cuban selling the tickets is just step one. They want hotel rooms and the other amenities used too. They reep from those taxes. If your gonna guarentee 15,000 get 15,000 there, or risk the chance of pissing off all major bowls and looking like Miami does in the eyes of others.

I disagree i think we will have 8-10,000 easily. every season ticket holder i know is going to the bowl game. you can get a bus deal and get students up there also. you have a month to do it

Cuban do you know 8-10,000 people? Our last home game had an actual attendance of over 19,000...5,000 being students (free).

Further, I've looked into it and a bowl ticket is going to probably cost 30-50 bucks, plus hotel at 70 a night. As a student I think it's fair to say only a handful of us will be there.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,460
  • Days Won:  13

I am a member of Student Govt...let me assure you we are working on getting the students there

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

I think 5000 is possible but it will take a win over WVU and possible ranking to do it. Dec 31 is a tuff sell though

I agree they want people to get there BUT the only thing they can controil is ticket sales. As the rep on the Miami paper said when you only buy 6,000 tickets it doent look good.

Im so tired of people making excuses. Yes i dont expect 5,000 students to go the Bowl game but i was a student once and i remember packing 10 of us in two cars driving to Birmingham and packing one hotel room to attend the freaking Sun Belt championship game. Students do it for Spring Break. So once again when i see on this board people saying well if is not the Sugar Bowl i wont go but in the same breath comparing ourselves to the big schools it makes me laugh.

Everyone from the AD down to our students needs to get off their asses stop this we cant do attitude and make it happen.

If in ONE month you cant sell 10,000 tickets to North Carolina fot the Bulls FIRST Bowl game ever then you are not doing a good job. and if you consider yourself a fan of USF and cant make it to their first Bowl game ever in close proximity to where you live then you are really not a fan