• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woolard should call Charlotte Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

You are correct cuban but why cant we fill RJS for home games. it is only logical to say if we can not fill the student section every game than hey will not travel to NC

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

Because this is a special event as fan that supported UM before USF had football i will tell you that there are many that go to Bowl games that never go to Home games. Youll see families there when at home only the husband went.

We need to make this the special event it is.

Remember 45,000+ show up for the first game ever vs fricking Kentucky Wesleyan. Did they show up because of football? No they showed up because it was a first a special event. Youll see similar with a Bowl game

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

Im not so sure on the students attending...it will be vacation and I doubt we can get over 1000 students there...At least its within driving distance...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677

I dont think charlotte will do anything before sat... If U lose.. and conn wins.. they may well get the bid over U.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Cuban do you know 8-10,000 people? Our last home game had an actual attendance of over 19,000...5,000 being students (free).

You mean the Saturday noon game against an unappealing Cincinnati? 19K wasn't THAT bad ....

Further, I've looked into it and a bowl ticket is going to probably cost 30-50 bucks, plus hotel at 70 a night. As a student I think it's fair to say only a handful of us will be there.

You have a handful going to most away games. I think you're underestimating your student brethren ...

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

Because this is a special event as fan that supported UM before USF had football i will tell you that there are many that go to Bowl games that never go to Home games. Youll see families there when at home only the husband went.

We need to make this the special event it is.

Remember 45,000+ show up for the first game ever vs fricking Kentucky Wesleyan. Did they show up because of football? No they showed up because it was a first a special event. Youll see similar with a Bowl game

I am born and raised in Miami and went to Hurricane games every year from 1979 thru 1986 I saw the attendence increase in the crappy orange bowl when UM started to win. ( Miami as you know is a small private school with a very diverse Alumni that live all over the world) I was speaking about the lack of local students and Alumni who go to the USF games. I think the reverse would be true. If alumni and students can not make to the middke of Tampa on a saturday afternoon they will never drive 500 miles on New Years eve. The school has basically 35,000 students most are local and a ton of local Alumni after all it is a commuter school. That is a huge fan base not to mention the casual fans who are not Alumni. I have and have had 8 season tickets since day 1 and only 2 of the people who go with me are USF alumni. The rest just love college football. sad aint it

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

If thats the case you very well remember UM almost dropping football in the late 70's. The facts are that winning will bring fans in. Our alumni has not grown up going to football game. Just like in Miami people will not show up for teams not known.

Here is a flash a 8-2 UM team still with hopes of an ACC championship drew 37,000 playing Virginia.

I dont see USF ever selling out the stadium regularly but i can see in the very near future where we draw 40,000+ to every game.

But winning and Bowl games will attract more fans.

I still think we can get 8-10,000 to our first Bowl game but the AD must be aggressive in selling it

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Cubanbull, I think that we would sell out all the conference games if we were in the SEC.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

If thats the case you very well remember UM almost dropping football in the late 70's. The facts are that winning will bring fans in. Our alumni has not grown up going to football game. Just like in Miami people will not show up for teams not known.

Here is a flash a 8-2 UM team still with hopes of an ACC championship drew 37,000 playing Virginia.

I dont see USF ever selling out the stadium regularly but i can see in the very near future where we draw 40,000+ to every game.

But winning and Bowl games will attract more fans.

I still think we can get 8-10,000 to our first Bowl game but the AD must be aggressive in selling it

Well Cuban despite what everybody is saying you are correct on one point -- USF should make the pitch for 15k.

Backing that up is another story, but USF could use this bowl now.  It is the best option and if there is a chance to secure it Tuesday or Wednesday you take your shot.  

Frankly, I don't see USF traveling any more than 2000 to the bowl, but maybe each of them can bring a few HOV dummies along with them and make it appear like more.