• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A Legitimately Great Opportunity?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

I can see the arguments against Ga Tech and Colorado if you won't have support or a chance to win. 

I'm not sure the facilities (despite being in the AAC) are going to outshine P5 facilities because we're in a non-P5, lower conference.  They will for lower quality athletes.  So I'm not sure this attracts a coach of higher caliber.  Maybe.  I guess I need to give it some thought.  Again, if our wheel house is a current HC from FCS or small mid-major, that might work for a few years. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  0

Lots of talk online from fans talking about how this job is not as attractive as it has been in the past, or how we are in some 2nd or 3rd tier of positions. 

I have to say those takes may be incredibly shortsighted.  Here is why this job is better than 50% of any P5 openings. 

- Facilities- new IPF, stadium, board behind athletics. 

-location- no state tax, in the middle of a great recruiting area if you want to put in the work locally. 

*Finally the single largest reason*

You come here and build a team that beats the likes of Charlotte, Memphis, Tulane, ECU, Navy, and a slate of mid level P5 teams.  You are now in a position to make the expanded playoffs every year.  Literally very year you can tell recruits- we have a seat at the table, an incredibly difficult path in that seat, but you are there. Can the new coaches at Wisconsin, Nebraska, Arizona St, GT, and Colorado say that? 

The right guy can either build something here like Boise in the mid 2000’s and stick around, or build it and bolt to one of those top schools.  The only difference between the USF job in 2019 and 2022 is the IPF and Stadium, both huge increases in attractiveness. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

8 minutes ago, 12inchtaint! said:

Lots of talk online from fans talking about how this job is not as attractive as it has been in the past, or how we are in some 2nd or 3rd tier of positions. 

I have to say those takes may be incredibly shortsighted.  Here is why this job is better than 50% of any P5 openings. 

- Facilities- new IPF, stadium, board behind athletics. 

-location- no state tax, in the middle of a great recruiting area if you want to put in the work locally. 

*Finally the single largest reason*

You come here and build a team that beats the likes of Charlotte, Memphis, Tulane, ECU, Navy, and a slate of mid level P5 teams.  You are now in a position to make the expanded playoffs every year.  Literally very year you can tell recruits- we have a seat at the table, an incredibly difficult path in that seat, but you are there. Can the new coaches at Wisconsin, Nebraska, Arizona St, GT, and Colorado say that? 

The right guy can either build something here like Boise in the mid 2000’s and stick around, or build it and bolt to one of those top schools.  The only difference between the USF job in 2019 and 2022 is the IPF and Stadium, both huge increases in attractiveness. 

I like your style, Taint!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, Brad said:

What do you think he means by the last line in that post?  Geography (beaches, etc)?  Less pressure to produce?  Less taxation?  

He did say "I'd rather have that job ...." so maybe Booger still lives here and hates moving so Geography?

• Haha 1