• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Replacements for Jeff Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

If we could bring in Deion it would be great.  Doesn't his son play QB at the current school though?  Seems like the plan is to let that play out and wait for FSU to "plateau" according to their fans.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I knew Gruden was going to come up.  I thought about it this morning and was surprised I didn't see it yet.  I wonder if the passion would be there?  

Everybody deserves a second chance and Gruden has paid a steep price for those leaked emails. Gruden would provide a national buzz unlike any other potential coach, other than Deion maybe. Plus, Gruden would be on a mission to repair his reputation and USF would be the benefactor. Lastly, the press conferences would be epic!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

28 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

I'm not sure he can ever come back from his past transgressions.

DUI: no problem.

Hitting on a college girl at a restaurant after your team loses and you stayed in town while the team flew home: piece of cake, you'll be on Fox within months.

But I'm not sure a coach can come back from repeatedly dropping racial slurs. Seems to tall of a hill to climb.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

3 minutes ago, Rob-Bull said:

Everybody deserves a second chance and Gruden has paid a steep price for those leaked emails. Gruden would provide a national buzz unlike any other potential coach, other than Deion maybe. Plus, Gruden would be on a mission to repair his reputation and USF would be the benefactor. Lastly, the press conferences would be epic!!!

Gruden hasn't coached in college in over 30 years and those emails provided a lot of ammo for negatively recruiting. It would be naive to think some kids parents won't want their kids being led by a man that was exposed for making racist comments behind closed doors.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rob-Bull said:

Gruden has paid a steep price for those leaked emails.

I think there is a court case pending when a lot of other people's emails are about to come out.  It could get spicy and scorched earth like.

Edited by Rocky Style

4 minutes ago, Bull Gooner said:

Hitting on a college girl at a restaurant after your team loses and you stayed in town while the team flew home: piece of cake, you'll be on Fox within months.

Agreed.  Heck Tampa has a whole infrastructure in place for this behavior.  It could be a match.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

45 minutes ago, Brad said:

I don't see the logic in that.

We don't know if he could have taken us further as the program was still in building stages.  And the fact that Brett McMurphy was able to run wild with a non-incident is why he is not coaching.  Take away that spectacle and other schools would take him in a minute.  Had he only locked the miscreant up in a broom closet. 

Leavitt got plenty of offers to leave USF.  To make comments that he hasn't held a HC job because of his ability is unsubstantiated and laughable.   He's got image damage.  Just like that turd Dennis Dodd writing a hit piece on him years after he left.  He pissed off the local media and we know how they close ranks.  He has suffered dearly.  The biggest criticism, and his AD wasn't courageous to step in, he didn't know what fighting with the media means.

As Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with a man who buys ink by the barrel.”

To state that only his image damage prevented him from getting HC jobs over the last 13 years is just as laughable. It is college football. If you can make a team win many things get looked over. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Gruden hasn't coached in college in over 30 years and those emails provided a lot of ammo for negatively recruiting. It would be naive to think some kids parents won't want their kids being led by a man that was exposed for making racist comments behind closed doors.

Yeah, he's been officially cancelled.  He's not coming back from that.  In order to even think about coaching again, he would have had to start laying the ground work years ago by a public apology, volunteer work, monetary donations, etc to change the public opinion.  

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Any word on if this is Gruden?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Any word on if this is Gruden?

Oh boy.  Not sure how I feel about that one.  Is USF the rehab stop?