• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt loves me

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894
  • Days Won:  0

And the time has now come for me to defend Shoop.

Anyone who calls him a wanna-be or 2nd class fan better know the person before making such statements. For those of you who don't, let me clue you in.

He is a person who is not a USF student or Alum. In fact, the only time he has been on USF campus has been for basketball games, my USF graduation and delivering supplies to the construction site of the new athletics facility.

With that being said, this man has more passion about USF athletics (especially football) that the majority of students and alumni currently out there. We discuss things regarding the program in the off-season, we look at upcoming opponents and talk about what we like and don't like about our chances. We are the ones out there tailgating at Noon and folding up the tents at 5pm so we can be in the stadium and be front and center while others are still out there drinking and socializing.

I missed the Cincy game because I had to go make plans for my upcoming wedding, does that make me a wanna-be or 2nd class fan as well? Sometimes things happen in life and you have to make decisions, and unfortunately a USF game may not always be the first priority.

In fact, I'll go a step further and say it is ridiculous to questions any member of this boards loyalty to the program. Look at how many members there are as opposed to number of students and alumni in the Bay Area. On that note look at attendance at football and basketball games as opposed to those numbers as well.

Just because someone says something that isn't agreed with by others, or because they use their right to question things, they have to be questioned as to their loyalty and passion? When people have passion and care they will be the ones to step up and say the unpopular thing sometimes.

If you want to call people wanna-be's and 2nd class, do it to those who didn't say word one about this program until they happened to read last week that we could win the BE, but don't do it to those who care more about this program than you will ever know.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I missed the Cincy game because I had to go make plans for my upcoming wedding, does that make me a wanna-be or 2nd class fan as well?

Depends... was it a Championship Wedding, or just a regular-season wedding?

Just kidding, Shoop...  ;D

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

The In-fighting begins...

IT'S MY FAULT OK...?    I MADE THEM LOSE... I WAS SUPPOSED TO WEAR MY LUCKY "POLKA DOT" BULLS LOGO UNDERWEAR SATURDAY AND I WORE THE PLAID BULLS LOGO UNDERWEAR...  BLAME THE WHOLE **** THING ON ME, AND GET IT OVER WITH...

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

Actually he wore his green  USF underwear as opposed to the white USF underwear that he now swears are bad luck and refuses to wear them during a game!  And that my folks IS the TRUTH!  

Now, like DaBull80 said:  "All right children"  enough fighting.  All of you make nice and cheer on the BULLS!  (Except for Cee because he was mean to me once.)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894

Hey, I'm not trying to fight with anyone, just standing up for a friend who is being questioned as a fan of this program when I know that is the furthest thing from the truth.

If anyone else was in that position I'm sure you would do the same thing.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

After thinkin about it for 14 hours, I've decided to comment on the whole "me chasing someone away" thing. I'm sure I'm being blamed for Howie leaving, and if that's the case....hey, I'm famous.

If my name was Howie, I would've left after page 3. Yet, everyone defends him like he's some sort of SUPER BULL FAN.  

I never had a problem with Howie. He was a quality contributor to these boards and if he came back, I would welcome him back along with the rest of you.

All I did to Howie was point out to him how much of an idiot he made himself look like on the radio......and I wasnt the only one to post that same opinion. In fact, fellow USF callers on that same show also echoed that same opinion.

I dont get the love affair with Howie. Obviously I dont know him personally, and if I did, I may have a different opinion. Bottom line though is that people around here are in love with a grown man who left a message board because HE went on the highest rated radio show in the area and made a fool of HIMself. Then, when the rest of us told him the TRUTH, he took his ball and went home. He tucked his tail between his legs and ran. He ran away from all of you, his loyal supporters.

Talk about thin skin......

Look, we're all here for the same thing. We're all here because this is the best place in the world to talk USF sports. It's just plain silly to argue "Who's the Bigger Fan?".....it just is.  Thanks BigEastBeasts for having my back, but damnit man, how bad is it when things like that need to be written?

• Content Count:  562

Look, we're all here for the same thing. We're all here because this is the best place in the world to talk USF sports. It's just plain silly to argue "Who's the Bigger Fan?".....it just is.

my sentiments exactly... hey, we are all USF supporters here, we take different angles on how we view the program.. but all in all, we want whats best.. some criticize, some only want to look at the positives in some sort of jaded manner, but regardless, we all belong on here

now as for Howie, i'm sure he's out there in that big bullspen in the sky, and we all miss him for sure.. but if its any consolation, you are witness to one of the greatest enigmas of message board history:  the beginning of the Cee Dynasty

i'll make sure to keep the light on for ya  ;)

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Whatever.  At least people are here.  Every attendance number counts, even if they secretly picture a dartboard around rod smith.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

now as for Howie, i'm sure he's out there in that big bullspen in the sky, and we all miss him for sure.. but if its any consolation, you are witness to one of the greatest enigmas of message board history:  the beginning of the Cee Dynasty

i'll make sure to keep the light on for ya  ;)

Oh Lord NO!!!!