• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Relax.... All is not lost......

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,581
  • Days Won:  29

I simply find it pathetic that you think that West Virginia will "represent the conference better" than us.

???

WVU will represent Big East much better then we would have...

Please explain how USF would be "expected" to be a better rep . . . than a possible 1 or 2 loss team, rather than a 4 or 5 loss team.

Curious  :-/

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Ok, you have that all worded wrong. I dont understand who you're quoting and what you're asking.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I think we would have represented the BE just as well as WVU if we had won the last 2 games.  Why not?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I simply find it pathetic that you think that West Virginia will "represent the conference better" than us.

Why do you find that pathetic? You don't agree with it?

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

I feel that a 2 loss ranked WVU team will represent conference better than a team with no bowl experience. The big east needs to have teams finish in the top 10 to keep BCS bid and give the teams something to play for. WVU can do that with bowl win.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

I would modify those percentages as:

PJ at 5%

receivers at 10%

Center at 20%

Rod Smith 65% of blame

with all this blame placed on PJ everyone seems to forget how many passes were dropped by the receivers, two of which were right on the money passes resulting in turnovers. Also, the center had two bad snaps that cost us 9 points (that's the game right there fellas)

Add to that the incredibly dense play calling after that bad snap (just one example of course) and we end up with nothing.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,581
  • Days Won:  29

on Nov 27th, 2005, 8:50pm, BigShoop wrote:

Why do you find that pathetic? ...

I still curious.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

All hypothetically now.....BUT.....had we been in the position where a win over WV puts us in the Sugar Bowl, it is completely asinine to think that WV would represent the Big East better than us.

If we had made it there, we wouldve beaten the 2 best teams in the conference, which would then make the USF Bulls the best team in the conference. Regardless of ranking, or national perception, the bottom line is that USF would've gone through those 2 teams ON THE FIELD.

So my question is how WOULD West Virginia be a better representative(if that scenario wouldve taken place)?!!

I still curious.

To be honest, ET, we really don't know yet who the better rep would be now that I think about it. We come out and spank WVU on Saturday and we WOULD be a better representative ....   :)

All hypothetically now.....BUT.....had we been in the position where a win over WV puts us in the Sugar Bowl, it is completely asinine to think that WV would represent the Big East better than us.

If we had made it there, we wouldve beaten the 2 best teams in the conference, which would then make the USF Bulls the best team in the conference. Regardless of ranking, or national perception, the bottom line is that USF would've gone through those 2 teams ON THE FIELD.

So my question is how WOULD West Virginia be a better representative(if that scenario wouldve taken place)?!!

Actually, it's not hypothetical. We beat WVU on Saturday we still would have gone through the 2 best teams in the conference, besides us.