• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What other excuses are left for Jeff Scott?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,519
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Blackice12 said:

I think the excuse for this game is easy.   The team did not have enough time to prepare in the midst of Hurricane Ian. I think he might be able to use that excuse for the game against Cincinnati as well.

They did not have class but they had more time than usual for film study and preparation. It was an unusual circumstance and i could almost believe it if it was the first time we didn't start playing football until we were down big. We always go down big and look lost/unprepared under CJS.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I didn't watch or listen to Jeff Scott's post game speech/press conference at all.  But, someone that has, tell me if this was basically his speech.

"We've got to learn how to get off to better starts.  Too many self-inflicted penalties and turnovers.  We've got to clean that up.  I was proud of this team fighting through all of the adversity they've been through.  They showed a lot of resiliency and character in the second half.  We kept battling.  As coaches and players, we've got to do a better job getting ourselves prepared.  We've got to play better and that starts with me.  We've still got our season in front of us.  This was only 1 game of 8 in conference play and we will get better."

Didn't watch one second of his speech, was any of that on target.     

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

They did not have class but they had more time than usual for film study and preparation. It was an unusual circumstance and i could almost believe it if it was the first time we didn't start playing football until we were down big. We always go down big and look lost/unprepared under CJS.

Come on ... they were watching The Weather Channel like everyone else. 

Which is obvious from how the game started.

2 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Come on ... they were watching The Weather Channel like everyone else. 

Which is obvious from how the game started.

What was ECU doing watching the weather channel and film?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

IF we want any shot of turning this program around what is the next move for the rest of the season? Do we let the same old story for 3 years going or do we find someone to replace him on an interim basis?  All other coaches were 9-1 against ECU with Willy losing to them once and Jeff Scott is 0-2 versus ECU. 

Jeff Scott is 0-3 against ECU; he lost to them in ‘20, ‘21, and ‘22.

• Haha 1

Just now, TheUpperHand said:

Jeff Scott is 0-3 against ECU; he lost to them in ‘20, ‘21, and ‘22.

So he has 3/4 losses then. The website didn't update yet. All other coaches were 9-1 against ECU and Jeff scott is 0-3. Just another stat to add to his accomplishments here.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I've resisted commenting on this because as much as Outlaw posts, I wasn't sure if he meant that Scott will make excuses or fans with more patience for Scott will make excuses.  

I don't think Scott makes excuses.  The COVID excuse was not his.  He's provided mostly coach speak, but not blaming this or that.  So, I'll give him credit there.

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

I've resisted commenting on this because as much as Outlaw posts, I wasn't sure if he meant that Scott will make excuses or fans with more patience for Scott will make excuses.  

I don't think Scott makes excuses.  The COVID excuse was not his.  He's provided mostly coach speak, but not blaming this or that.  So, I'll give him credit there.

I was talking about what excuses can we hear more from the fans. There is no excuse from Jeff Scott because he has no idea why he is team is unprepared yet again. He is incompetent at this point as a head coach, I just don't see anyway he improves. He is 1-22 and we are not getting any closer to turning a corner. We have heard people trying to rationalize his failure using every excuse in the book. There is no excuse the justify the result. This is Jeff Scott unless divine intervention changes the pattern we have seen 22 times and his won win against Temple whose got fired after losing to Jeff Scott. 

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I know I get all that...but thanks for clarifying your topic.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

7 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

What was ECU doing watching the weather channel and film?

Like anyone needs to watch USF on film.  HA!

• Haha 1