• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The defense…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Just wanted to chime in here to say the defense is bad.   Bob Shoop talks a good one has/had a good brand name but the in game results look the same as last year and the stat look comparable. So if status quo is the goal then mission accomplished else "What are you doing to affect an improvement?".  

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

Just now, Blackice12 said:

Just wanted to chime in here to say the defense is bad.   Bob Shoop talks a good one has/had a good brand name but the in game results look the same as last year and the stat look comparable. So if status quo is the goal then mission accomplished else "What are you doing to affect an improvement?".  

Hope we see improvements moving forward. Not holding my breath. Offense needs to step the F up and stop dropping passes.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

I said it from the get go. Our defensive line is small and not good, so a good running team, specially a good running QB will destroy it. Our only shot is our offense controlling clock with running game and passing, and scoring 35 points. Without that we lose.

Yesterday we faced a team with an offense that’s exactly what we are worst at. Without Weaver and Horn, we were toast in passing game which has struggled even with them playing and UL could just focus on stopping the run. Once they did that the slaughter was on.

I keep saying the strategy should be win the toss, get ball and try to hold on to it as long as possible.

Im back on the 3-9, 4-8 best scenario. Until we get some bigger guys at the DLine we aren’t winning much.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

31 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I said it from the get go. Our defensive line is small and not good, so a good running team, specially a good running QB will destroy it. Our only shot is our offense controlling clock with running game and passing, and scoring 35 points. Without that we lose.

Yesterday we faced a team with an offense that’s exactly what we are worst at. Without Weaver and Horn, we were toast in passing game which has struggled even with them playing and UL could just focus on stopping the run. Once they did that the slaughter was on.

I keep saying the strategy should be win the toss, get ball and try to hold on to it as long as possible.

Im back on the 3-9, 4-8 best scenario. Until we get some bigger guys at the DLine we aren’t winning much.

Yup I had a feeling we were getting blown out yesterday especially when the offense failed with the drop passes and turn overs. Our defense can’t handle that rn. Not sure if they will ever improve on that but that is just reality. If I’m a offense coordinator and see USF on the schedule I am running hurry up offense all day if I can. USF defense can’t even line up in time. Hopefully it gets better