• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who gets fired first - Coach Gregory or Coach Scott?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

8 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

CJS would not be let go until the day after the UCF game.  CBG could be gone by the new year if he goes 5-8 or worse in OOC.

There's a slim to none chance Kelly fires CBG mid season, bar something catastrophic ala COA's in season jettison.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, zarnozdabull said:

Will Michael Kelly be responsible enough to admit that BOTH of his hires has been dismal failures and have the guts enough fire them? Based on the unwarranted extensions to both, it seems unlikely. He probably will hitch his wagon to failure rather than admit his mistakes.

I'm still hoping Weatherford and the BOT realize the issues regarding both these coaches and the administrator who paid them millions to fail.

The IPF and the OCS wouldn't be on the table without Michael Kelly. So some of whether you want to keep him is how much you value those 2 things vs winning.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

54 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

The IPF and the OCS wouldn't be on the table without Michael Kelly. So some of whether you want to keep him is how much you value those 2 things vs winning.

I say keep em. Things seem to be moving in the first direction when we look at the overall picture 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Are you sure the OCS has not been mostly an admin reaction to being left behind in realignment. I mean, Weatherford was really the first individual to mention the need for an OCS. I don’t undermine Kelly’s fundraising efforts, but is he really indispensable or could we not really hire someone else who could do the same politicking while not hiring awful coaches? 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Are you sure the OCS has not been mostly an admin reaction to being left behind in realignment. I mean, Weatherford was really the first individual to mention the need for an OCS. I don’t undermine Kelly’s fundraising efforts, but is he really indispensable or could we not really hire someone else who could do the same politicking while not hiring awful coaches? 

He's probably not indispensable (who is?), but I think what Cuz may be pointing out is that there is a bigger picture overall to what Kelly is here to do.  Eventually if we don't win he will be gone just like the coaches, but it may not be a good idea to do it in the middle of these bigger projects.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, olafberserker said:

He's probably not indispensable (who is?), but I think what Cuz may be pointing out is that there is a bigger picture overall to what Kelly is here to do.  Eventually if we don't win he will be gone just like the coaches, but it may not be a good idea to do it in the middle of these bigger projects.

Well said. My thoughts exactly 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

26 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Nicely stated. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  1

21 hours ago, Triple B said:

The basketball season hasn't even started yet. This is a dumb thread ......... rabble rousing indeed, at its finest.

It would only be rabble rousing (or trolling - I'm looking at you Rocky Style) if you looked at it myopically and PRESUMED that anything and everything is limited to happening right now, in 2022 which personally I don't think it is.  I phrased the question exactly the way I did to see who is limited in their thinking to the seasons that are right in front of them and who might stretch their thinking out to 2023 or 2024 (and no one did).

A lot of people on this forum get very uncomfortable when someone disagrees with them.  With ALMOST 100% certainty I would say that if both coaches make it to the 2023 season and then one of them gets fired neither you nor Rocky Style (or others) would resurrect this thread and say "hey, you know what, you were right.  I see where you were going with this and now it makes sense".  But I knew that going in.

I still think CBG gets fired first but not for a while.  Can't fire someone right after you gave them an extension.  That would look "stoopid" and MK can't risk that.  He's going to hang his legacy on an OCS, to hell with the BB and FB records.

My fear is that college sports is moving so fast that by the time the first game gets played in the OCS is will already be too late.  I'm hearing from people I played with in College still very actively involved in college FB that there are more pieces to be moved on this chess board.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

21 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I seem to recall that practicing indoors was super important, so there you go.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I seem to recall that practicing indoors was super important, so there you go.

Pretty important to who?  What 3 or 4 star recruit can you attribute that comment to?  You mean to tell me that a bunch of highly touted recruits have been wanting to play here but decided against it because we don't have an IPF?  Once USF has an IPF and an OCS what makes them different and more attractive than someone else?

I'll say this, when I played we HATED coming south later in the season when when it was hot.  We couldn't simulate that environment during practice.  And I know for a fact that other players HATED going north in the winter if they played down south.  They hated the cold.  I get to go to 2 or 3 bowl games a year and sometimes I get to go down on the side line.  I'm telling you, in December / January teams from up north really struggle with the heat.

I get the IPF, I really do, but I truly wonder if we're not losing something in the long run.  Games are played in the HEAT.  Games are played in the RAIN.  Games are played in the MUD.  If you don't practice in those conditions I wonder how prepared for them a team can truly be.   I just don't know.