• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Still think you can beat us?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  29
  • Days Won:  0

I remember someone posting on here a few days ago saying USF's defense was nearly as good as WVUs.  I think you guys could hang with us for a bit, but you won't win.  If any of you doubt our passing game,(White only threw for I think 41 yards on 10 attempts) just think, did WVU realy need to pass?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Both teams have to stop the run.  If we can get a semblance of a passing game going, it'll be close.

White ran very well, but needs to work on his touch when throwing.  But he's young and that will come.  

Congrats on the win.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  29

Thanks, yeah White shows signs of touch sometimes, but he realy lacked it tonight.  He should get it down good for next year.  I bleed blue and gold but I have to say I'm a little interested in the USF program...lets see if you guys can work your way up to the top of the BE consistantly.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Yep, consistency is the key.  Once USF, WVU, UL and Pitt are consistently in the top 25, the "Big Least" critics will crawl back into their respective holes.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

We can still win, but after seeing this game I consider you guys the favorites.  We'll need our passing game to be there, and we'll also need our defensive speed to avoid overpursuit against the different running looks wvu does.  Against an o like wvus, you have to guess sometimes to stick them in long yardage situations (blitz heavy on a zone read but slant the other way, committing 6-7 guys completely to the run), which means field position matters more than it would vs passing bomb teams or such.  Wvu will get some yards, so we need our D to tighten up and our O to confuse the key forward strong safeties of that 3 3 5 stack.

It's not going to be an easy game for either team.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Well... I see we're not the only team that can throw 10 times in a game and still win by 30+. Let's see how well WVU can run when it faces some Florida speed. By the way... tell Coach Calvin McGee he made a HUGE mistake leaving us three years ago to go coach at WVU (the same position at that). You may still be deeper than us... but it is only a matter of time before this sleeping giant in Tampa awakens. Tell Coach Calvin to enjoy this season with you guys because the Big East championship will routinely go through South Florida in the coming years. He is a good guy though... just made a bad decision by leaving USF. Good things come to those who wait Calvin.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

I think Saturday will say a lot as to where we stand. The second half of the season our run stopping has been less than ideal, but we get a warmup in the cold on saturday against another running team. I think we have a chance simply because WVU is so one dimensional. Also, their defense didnt look so hot in the first quarter (which is the only part of the game i watched).

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

The only thing that worries me.......our team historically has had trouble stopping a power running attack.

But if we can, and don't turn it over, we can all suck on our sugar packs!

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

A huge factor will be us winning at UCONN, which will be tough.  If we win that game Ray Jay will be rocking even more so than the U of L game.  And that will give us a big advantage as long as we are in the game.  The crowd will make it tough on WVA.  It will also keep our momentum going and get the guys believing they can win this game.

I personally cannot wait for this game, two heavy run teams means chewing up a lot of the clock, which can translate to a close game.  This could come down to whomever has the ball last.  This Bulls team has impressed me so much this season, and has already far exceeded my expectations for this season.  Win or Lose the WVA game, the season we have had has already attracted some highly touted recruits and we could potentially land a recruiting class that could put us 2 or 3 years ahead of where most of us expected to be.  

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

I think Saturday will say a lot as to where we stand. The second half of the season our run stopping has been less than ideal, but we get a warmup in the cold on saturday against another running team. I think we have a chance simply because WVU is so one dimensional. Also, their defense didnt look so hot in the first quarter (which is the only part of the game i watched).

palko hit some nice bombs to lee, we do not have a tyler palko.