• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recapping college football's busy offseason of quarterback transfers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  0

33 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

If Bohanon ends up being a one and done I'll take it!!! That means he would have given us a great year. It's sad that we've been burned so many times that nobody is excited about a transfer QB that led a P5 school to a 10-2 season and participated in their spring camp (which means he came in here is game shape unlike that UM transfer we had). 

I think the reason Bohannon picked USF is because its his best chance to come in, have a decent line with solid returning WR support, and pump his stats to get drafted.  There had to be some promise given to him that the attack would be more pass heavy than what he had at BU.  If Trickett uses dual RB's for passes and goes heavier on the bubble/jet screen action with Horn/Dollison/Battie/Joiner it is not hard to see him pass for 3000+ yards and run for 3-400.  If that happens USF wins 5-7 games, and  GB gets credit for coming in and helping turn around the program.   

His trajectory has the potential to be like Kenny Pickett- puts up a ton of stats and gets some highlights in his last year that gets analysts attention.  NFL scouts seem to love older "mature" college QB's.   I dont think GB can turn into a 1st round pick, but if he puts up the stats, he can easily go in round 4-7.  

2023 season QB competition will be the one that determines who transfers, because if Brown is as good as everyone is saying, TMC will have to be great to get the spot instead of 4 years of a redshirt Brown. 

Edited by 12inchtaint!
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

On 7/13/2022 at 12:33 PM, Triple B said:

I'd be a little surprised if CJS brought him here for just one year ....

They know they need to win now.  Especially with all the conference stuff going on.  No conference wants to add a 3/4 win team to leech off their TV money deal.

Even if it's just one year, the guy's resume instantly makes him QB1; with it being his job to lose during the QB competition.

Edited by Ghostbuster
  • Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

33 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

They know they need to win now.  Especially with all the conference stuff going on.  No conference wants to add a 3/4 win team to leech off their TV money deal.

Definitely understand that thought process and maybe that is it if he is for one year but I think the die is cast for realignment if it goes again the next couple of years and I don't think this year will hold much weight one way or the other. CJS is trying to build something for sustained success and I;m just not sure you do that with a one and done qb. Hopefully he is here for two.