• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Phil Steele Preseason All Conference

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  44
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Brad said:

I hope Mangham feels that chip Phil just put on his shoulder.

I like Mangham as a ball player but comeon…he averaged 4.2 yards per carry. The touchdowns inflated his status. Great goal line back. You need someone like that on your team. 4th team all conference is fair for him. 

6 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

Mangham and Horn were done a disservice in my opinion. Fourth team? GTFO of here

I think Horn will double his production this season if healthy but he only caught 30 balls last season and 1 TD… I’m surprised he even made the list to be honest 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  774
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, USFDan said:

Is our o-line supposed to be that good? I thought our QBs have struggled because the o-line sucks and they have to run for their lives.

Wishful thinking for some.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

4 minutes ago, FowlerAveInsight said:

I like Mangham as a ball player but comeon…he averaged 4.2 yards per carry. The touchdowns inflated his status. Great goal line back. You need someone like that on your team. 4th team all conference is fair for him. 

It may be fair, but I think (hope) Mangham believes he's better than that, or those silly star ratings are wrong.  

1 minute ago, Brad said:

It may be fair, but I think (hope) Mangham believes he's better than that, or those silly star ratings are wrong.  

I’m sure he’s working hard to increase his production. He’s got the talent to be a 4.7-5.0 yard per carrier type of player which would be great for USF

6 hours ago, bulloni said:

o-line play goes hand in hand with a QB's ability to read protections, coverages, blitzes, etc and getting the ball out as quick as possible

People we're saying Brady was going to get killed in Tampa because the oline was so bad. Jameis got sacked 47 times in 2019, then Brady only got sacked 21 times in 2020. Granted Whirfs was a big addition.

Baylor QB's have been sacked once every 10 snaps the last 2 years when Bohannon wasn't playing, but only once every 30 snaps when Gerry was in. There's a chance our oline looks way better next year with a veteran like Gerry instead of a true frosh like last year.

ROFL. Yes, experience helps some. I won’t pick this statement to shreds.

6 hours ago, bulloni said:

Baylor QB's have been sacked once every 10 snaps the last 2 years when Bohannon wasn't playing, but only once every 30 snaps when Gerry was in. There's a chance our oline looks way better next year with a veteran like Gerry instead of a true frosh like last year.

That’s a pretty telling stat. Nice find there. Too many times last year Timmy fled the pocket after his first read wasn’t there. Gerry can go through multiple progressions if the protection is there. I think the O-Line will look a lot better this year with Bohanon under center. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

24 minutes ago, FowlerAveInsight said:

I think Horn will double his production this season if healthy but he only caught 30 balls last season and 1 TD… I’m surprised he even made the list to be honest 

Agreed, lot of potential but he seemed to drop as many as he caught.  

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103

17 minutes ago, Brad said:

I hope the TD's are harder to come by for Mangham this year, I feel like Battie is a better back and the hype that Mangham has takes away from the opportunities for Battie and Joiner to shine.  Mangham is a short yardage back- he should be used like we used Darius Tice when we had Mack and Dernest Johnson. 

4 minutes ago, FowlerAveInsight said:

That’s a pretty telling stat. Nice find there. Too many times last year Timmy fled the pocket after his first read wasn’t there. Gerry can go through multiple progressions if the protection is there. I think the O-Line will look a lot better this year with Bohanon under center. 

I may be wrong, but didn’t Timmy, McCloud, Fortin, Johnson, Barnett, and others run from the pocket? Maybe being in the **** changed their perspective of how comfortable they were in the pocket. That line also impacts our running back production. Looks at posts about Mangham. It’s too easy to blame the QB.