• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  91
  • Days Won:  1

Any interest in Baseball guys and girls?

I always follow the AL East as a Rays fan, and there is nothing else really going on until Football season.....so here are the latest standings at the beginning of July.  

The Rays seem to be in big trouble this year, not able to really keep up in this ultra tough division.  Offense and to a degree Coaching seem to be their downfall right now.  The Blue Jays and Red Sox are really good, but the Yanks are in a different stratosphere right now.

image.png.ef7bfb95a1cb88e99e6f32624e21c9b1.png

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, JonesyBucs said:

Any interest in Baseball guys and girls?

I always follow the AL East as a Rays fan, and there is nothing else really going on until Football season.....so here are the latest standings at the beginning of July.  

The Rays seem to be in big trouble this year, not able to really keep up in this ultra tough division.  Offense and to a degree Coaching seem to be their downfall right now.  The Blue Jays and Red Sox are really good, but the Yanks are in a different stratosphere right now.

image.png.ef7bfb95a1cb88e99e6f32624e21c9b1.png

I’ll be at the Red Sox vs Rays game at Fenway on the 4th. Should be fun. The East is simply an amazing division. It will most likely produce FOUR playoff teams. How crazy is that? 

On 7/2/2022 at 10:23 AM, NewEnglandBull said:

I’ll be at the Red Sox vs Rays game at Fenway on the 4th. Should be fun. The East is simply an amazing division. It will most likely produce FOUR playoff teams. How crazy is that? 

You are probably on your way there now....have fun man, and Happy 4th!

Its certainly possible that 4 teams from our Division could get in.  The Yanks are a lock....The other 3 teams seem to be bunched together and pretty close overall in talent.  Will be fun to follow.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, JonesyBucs said:

You are probably on your way there now....have fun man, and Happy 4th!

Its certainly possible that 4 teams from our Division could get in.  The Yanks are a lock....The other 3 teams seem to be bunched together and pretty close overall in talent.  Will be fun to follow.

Just arrived Jonesy. Going to be a tough one for my Sox. Four of our five starting pitchers are still hurt and Boggy is down today. But they still have to play the game right? There are a few Rays fans here as well. Hope you and your have a good 4th!

B368C4C3-9A5F-4C02-B5ED-C55FCFCFEA3E.jpeg

18 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Just arrived Jonesy. Going to be a tough one for my Sox. Four of our five starting pitchers are still hurt and Boggy is down today. But they still have to play the game right? There are a few Rays fans here as well. Hope you and your have a good 4th!

B368C4C3-9A5F-4C02-B5ED-C55FCFCFEA3E.jpeg

Well the Sox won anyway.....looks like the Rays reverted back to their hitting slump, which I thought they were coming out of in Toronto.  Hopefully the next couple will turn back in the Rays favor......thats the thing about Baseball, any day, anything can and will happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey one day befoere the All Star break, so one game to go, but I'll be sleeping cause of work.

MID SEASON AL EAST STANDINGS....AND WILD CARD

image.png.996b88dc8d4aa8988d25dd5e145bbeb0.png

image.png

Edited by JonesyBucs

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252

I'm not a big fan of the new format for the playoffs. They keep adding more teams which begs the question why not go to 16 (8 nl and 8 al) like the NBA and NHL. First round can be best of 3 or 5 then best of 7 the rest of the way. Cut the season down to 140-150 games. It was always 4 on each side now its up to 6 so just go to 8 and be done. The Rays will make the playoffs as a wild card team. No one is catching the Yankees in the east short of a major collapse.  

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252

Playoffs are now set. Rays will be the 6 seed and face Cleveland in round 1. Game will is Friday in Cleveland