• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Coach Scott Thread (All CJS, All the Time)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

How can you make plans when you don’t know if, when or where?  I guarantee we are bowling this year but not sure how to plan for it, any help would be appreciated.

Get your $ ready for some serious fun at the Boca Bowl. We will be taking on that mighty team that calls themselves the South Alabama Jaguars. The whole college football world will be mesmerized…those AAC Bowls can’t be beat! 🤘

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Get your $ ready for some serious fun at the Boca Bowl. We will be taking on that mighty team that calls themselves the South Alabama Jaguars. The whole college football world will be mesmerized…those AAC Bowls can’t be beat! 🤘

I have a buddy that has a condo on the water close to there, I will be in attendance, both him and his wife are proud FAU grads, (not sure proud, never heard them mention much about the sports program).   Either way it beats the hell out of staying home IMO.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

9 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Redundancy seems to be what keeps this fan site running. Why ask a redundant question and not expect a redundant answer? I'm not @Brad, but I absolutely guarantee there is not one person on earth that would be happy with two wins this season. I will also   guarantee that I have already begun to make bowl game plans.

And there hasn't been one person on earth happy with 3 wins the last two years combined but the haters on here still throw that straw man observation out there. Bottom line, the last two years here don't mean **** .... what other coaches in kind of the same situation did don't mean **** when it comes to USF .... what matters is the next two, or possibly only one considering how it plays out.

Brad put it perfectly, the fact that many on here don't desire to rant and rave about the last two seasons seems to disturb some ...... well, **** you if we don't want to wallow along in your reliving the past self pity. Some are just looking forward to the season, with all the new toys, hoping it's the start of the turning of the corner ..... not needing to be interrogated, trying to get pinned down with expectations on win totals.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

15 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

I live in San Antonio, so have watched a lot of UTSA games.  While they may have recruited marginally lower than USF (debatable), the actual on the field product was a lot better.  Their main players were a lot better than USF's main players.  Their RB was far better than anyone on USF's roster.  Their WR's are better than USF's WR's, their senior QB is probably better than McClain, and they had two players drafted in the first 5 rounds last year.

They had better players than USF did last year.  How they got them I don't know.  There is a lot of football talent in Texas, so guys falling through the cracks that Texas and Texas A&M don't get are still good players.  Traylor rode these good players to a good record.  The RB they had Sincere McCormick, was a lot better than Jaren Mangham and Traylor rode him like a horse.  

He took a team  5-7  AND 4-8 with less talent rated by the " experts " designed a system and play calling that works to their strengths.  It sounds like he knows how to win .l fit your schemes, systems, and playcalls to fit your talent you have.  Jt figured this our in  his first  year during covid  and Scott has yet to show us that in two years. Hopefully Scott learns and we don't need to keep making excuses for his lack of progress to justify how Scott is making progress.  There is a fair comparison  because one coach had the same situation year one during covid and made it happen with good coaching,  play calling, systems and schemes to fit his talent, and actually built a winning culture.  Thr other is struggling to find any success. Let's hope that cjs figured out how to do it finally and was slow figuring things out. Also Florida has tons of talent like Texas,  you just have to find it , develop the players, and use schemes on offense and defense that fits your players. I would imagine if you looked  at and research the last 25 years the states and universities  in Florida have more players in the NFL than Texas.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

14 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Actually, Boca Raton Florida will be a fun place for fans. Bowl game itself really do nothing for me since college football still has not figured out what a 12 or 16 team playoff would do for fan excitement. Since most of the bowl game matchups suck we might as well be thankful for the fun destinations.

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

He took a team  5-7  AND 4-8 with less talent rated by the " experts " designed a system and play calling that works to their strengths.  It sounds like he knows how to win .l fit your schemes, systems, and playcalls to fit your talent you have.  Jt figured this our in  his first  year during covid  and Scott has yet to show us that in two years. Hopefully Scott learns and we don't need to keep making excuses for his lack of progress to justify how Scott is making progress.  There is a fair comparison  because one coach had the same situation year one during covid and made it happen with good coaching,  play calling, systems and schemes to fit his talent, and actually built a winning culture.  Thr other is struggling to find any success. Let's hope that cjs figured out how to do it finally and was slow figuring things out. Also Florida has tons of talent like Texas,  you just have to find it , develop the players, and use schemes on offense and defense that fits your players. I would imagine if you looked  at and research the last 25 years the states and universities  in Florida have more players in the NFL than Texas.

Kind of a push

30A6A9CC-F8EC-4EDD-9D54-808451636AE6.png

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

UTSA is going to be a road block that is in our way once they join. They run circles around both Houston & SMU.

13 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

UTSA is going to be a road block that is in our way once they join. They run circles around both Houston & SMU.

Nope, they are simply a team that found success around the 10 year mark,  sound familiar?  They will resort back to ass once Traynor leaves.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Nope, they are simply a team that found success around the 10 year mark,  sound familiar?  They will resort back to ass once Traynor leaves.

You probably know more about them than I do with the Texas connection, but I just read that they are making a significant upgrade to their football and sports programs. So their administration seems to be stepping up to the plate. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

3 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

gcscottanimated.gif.65d599e985d100a93f54c007ea3ae6dc.gif