• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I see this ending badly

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Let me first say, you’re not going to challenge my alleged repeated use of “poppycock”?

I was envious ....... wishing I had used it earlier.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Grasshopper, you’re picking up history on the last day of the BE.  You’re assuming Bongo and Bingo took all the right steps.  They didn’t.  Think what could have been had we invested into our football program to become what the BE thought we could be? Instead of neglecting football, doubling down on it. Become a power.  Leverage the opportunity.  Instead we self imploded, naturally. 

Let me first say, I'm much more averse to the use of grasshopper than poppycock ....

I don't know if B&B took the right steps, or any steps for that matter. I'm just saying there's nothing I can imagine them doing in the relatively short time in the BE that would have made us more attractive to a real P5 than any of the schools that were chosen back then. By all means explain what things could/should they have done and if they were done, whose place should we have taken to move up and why?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Really tough to answer tonight.  Watching games from the Flowers era. Don’t want a distraction. Will provide answers over weekend. 

15 hours ago, Triple B said:

I don't know if B&B took the right steps, or any steps for that matter. I'm just saying there's nothing I can imagine them doing in the relatively short time in the BE that would have made us more attractive to a real P5 than any of the schools that were chosen back then. By all means explain what things could/should they have done and if they were done, whose place should we have taken to move up and why?

I think you only need to look at how UCF used the AAC as a spring board to P5.

We got invited to the Big East and what did we change?  Do you remember?  What did we do different?  Anything?  LRS center we can say, maybe.  Improve softball field?  :roflmao:.  How did we make the flagship sport better?  Got out of trailers...We fired a coach and went on a stretch of failure at the wrong time.  We should have came out of the Big East stronger not weaker.  It made no difference for the program.  The administration made no difference for the program.  A program once considered full of promise is a laughing stock millions of dollars later.  Now, I know you kind of like attaching blame to random acts or external factors, but you really need to look at who was in charge.  They failed.  We're all hoping the new troupe won't fail.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Brad said:

I think you only need to look at how UCF used the AAC as a spring board to P5.

I am looking at them and it shows how vastly different our situations were and what I've been talking about. For more than 40 years UCF worked their way up the many ranks of college football and when they got to the second highest level, they did a ******** of winning there to springboard their jump to the highest one. What did we DO to springboard our jump to the highest level?

9 hours ago, Brad said:

We got invited to the Big East and what did we change?  Do you remember?  What did we do different?  Anything?  LRS center we can say, maybe.  Improve softball field?  :roflmao:.  How did we make the flagship sport better?  Got out of trailers...We fired a coach and went on a stretch of failure at the wrong time.  We should have came out of the Big East stronger not weaker.  It made no difference for the program.  The administration made no difference for the program.  A program once considered full of promise is a laughing stock millions of dollars later.  Now, I know you kind of like attaching blame to random acts or external factors, but you really need to look at who was in charge.  They failed.  We're all hoping the new troupe won't fail.

You are right that I do like attaching blame to random acts or external factors, but only when I believe it's warranted. I am looking at who was in charge and still asking this: Please explain what things could/should they have done to keep us from relegation and if they were done, whose place should we have taken to move up and why?

I’m not speaking of “relegation”, although that’s an outcome of the problem. They made no changes to the trajectory of the program from the day we entered the BE.  Yes UCF worked, our leaders paid themselves more with nothing to show for it.  That’s the point.  Telling what they should have done would have to invested in facilities, in community, in moving to a more stable conference. Everyone knew the BE was doomed. Others acted, we stayed asleep.  We had the wrong people in the roles.  The only thing our leaders could muster was infighting.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  29
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/9/2022 at 10:48 PM, bowman1 said:

For some additional color, this is part of a 125 million dollar improvement project to a stadium that originally cost 55 million.  In other words, maybe they should have invested a little more on the front end:roflmao:

Daily-5.23.22-UCF.jpg

The football stadium is set to undergo changes such as a $5.8...

We laugh at their lazy river and $125 million in planned improvements to stadium.  While at the same time checking in daily on the construction of a $20 million IPF that is, to be honest, not a whole lot better than the IPF they built 15 years ago for a fraction of the price.  

5 hours ago, rts said:

We laugh at their lazy river

Please stop with the "we" stuff. Don't take kindly to posers ....