• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I see this ending badly

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,002
  • Days Won:  38

9 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The fact that there is a thread on this is very ******* sad. 

Well, they are the standard of the AAC now lol.  Until they leave...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

10 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

If those clowns are getting state funding for that nonsense, we shouldn’t have a problem getting funds for a stadium.  Is that place a university, or a figgin amusement park?

Circus ...

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Even though there’s plenty of material, I’m done making fun of these guys.  At some point you have tip your cap and say they had a vision and commitment to Athletics that USF never had despite having all the advantages (see BE).  They stayed the course and kudos to them they are now reaping the rewards while USF continues to flounder on the field/court and will soon be in a lesser conference.  It appears USF has finally figured it out, however, we can only hope that its not too little too late.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Even though there’s plenty of material, I’m done making fun of these guys.  At some point you have tip your cap and say they had a vision and commitment to Athletics that USF never had despite having all the advantages (see BE).  They stayed the course and kudos to them they are now reaping the rewards while USF continues to flounder on the field/court and will soon be in a lesser conference.  It appears USF has finally figured it out, however, we can only hope that its not too little too late.

Still holding that the BE, adding in the success we had there, was more of a curse than an advantage. I'll repeat what I've said before, the only one ready for the promotion was CJL. Administration and fans weren't ready for what was going to be needed to take advantage of the gift. The Kanigits, like the other recently upgraded programs, were able to build organically, not artificially.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Still holding that the BE, adding in the success we had there, was more of a curse than an advantage. I'll repeat what I've said before, the only one ready for the promotion was CJL. Administration and fans weren't ready for what was going to be needed to take advantage of the gift. The Kanigits, like the other recently upgraded programs, were able to build organically, not artificially.

It was a curse because we had piss poor leaders that didn’t have a vision of what USF athletics could be.  They rested on their laurels and cashed the big fat checks from the BE and did very little to capitalize on the tremendous gift they were given.

44 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

It was a curse because we had piss poor leaders that didn’t have a vision of what USF athletics could be.  They rested on their laurels and cashed the big fat checks from the BE and did very little to capitalize on the tremendous gift they were given.

Kind of hard to come back when all that's pretty vague and ambiguous. Did those in charge line their own pockets after cashing the big fat checks? Didn't they use the money to improve parts of USF Athletics that were embarrassing even for a non-BCS program? The one facilities spot they should have tried to address back then was the IPF. No idea if CJL was pushing for one or not. 

One glaringly embarrassing part of the BE days was the pathetic donor level. What we don't know is where did the fault there lie. How hard did Athletics push to take advantage of the new social level or was the fan base just not there yet to get it a proper level?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

Still holding that the BE, adding in the success we had there, was more of a curse than an advantage.

I too shall repeat what I have often said, "POPPYCOCK!"

That was, unfortunately a once in a lifetime opportunity.  We would take it every single time and so would any right-thinking program.  We just didn't have serious people at the helm.  That was the problem.  The opportunity was not the problem.  the fact we made nothing of it.  When it came time to break it up, many others already had exit plans, we didn't.  We failed.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I too shall repeat what I have often said, "POPPYCOCK!"

That was, unfortunately a once in a lifetime opportunity.  We would take it every single time and so would any right-thinking program.  We just didn't have serious people at the helm.  That was the problem.  The opportunity was not the problem.  the fact we made nothing of it.  When it came time to break it up, many others already had exit plans, we didn't.  We failed.

If somewhere up there in my ramblings I said we shouldn't have accepted the invite, my bad. Of course you take it. You'd have been crazy no to. If nothing else, it did allow for the upgrades of some Athletics facilities long overdo ..... which is why I've pretty much always called it a blessing and a curse. And as far as having an exit plan, who says we didn't have one but when it came time to implement it, nobody returned the call. Which school should we have jumped ahead of back then and why?

Let me first say, you’re not going to challenge my alleged repeated use of “poppycock”?

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

…but when it came time to implement it, nobody returned the call. Which school should we have jumped ahead of back then and why?

Grasshopper, you’re picking up history on the last day of the BE.  You’re assuming Bongo and Bingo took all the right steps.  They didn’t.  Think what could have been had we invested into our football program to become what the BE thought we could be? Instead of neglecting football, doubling down on it. Become a power.  Leverage the opportunity.  Instead we self imploded, naturally.