• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thoughts on Sugar Bowl money?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts would be on how we would use the Sugar Bowl money if we were to beat UConn and UWV?

Obviously we would pay a good chunk to Leavitt and his staff. Would we pay down the loan to the althetic facilities? Does the money have to stay within the Athletic Dept or can the University use it anywhere it pleases? Whatever it would be used for I would imagine it would have a great impact on the program.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

How much money do we get? And do we get it only if we win the Sugar Bowl?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

It doesn't matter if we are in the Sugar Bowl or not for the money.  I think if a BE team is in the Sugar Bowl, all 8 teams split the amount equally with the team participating getting an additional amount to cover travel expenses.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

79 is about right.  The participant school gets a bigger chunk, but for the most part it is split evenly.  That is why Notre Dame has the most sweetheart of all deals.  They do not have to split with anyone.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

That is why Notre Dame has the most sweetheart of all deals.  They do not have to split with anyone.

I thought I heard that starting with this bowl season, the BCS will only pay Notre Dame the amount a team in a conference that splits equaly would get.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

These are the types of threads that deeply disturb me.... at least wait until we're only ONE game away from the Sugar Bowl if you must do this. I am a firm believer in karma.   8)

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050911/SPORTS0201/50910020

The Big East will pay stipends to football teams based on bowl appearances, with bonuses going to the top three finishers. The team that makes the Big East's Bowl Championship Series appearance, which will produce $13.5million for the league, will receive $1.8million. The Gator Bowl team will get $1.3million, the Insight Bowl team $1.2million and the Meineke Car Care Bowl team (and other conference teams that go to bowls) $1.1million.

The Big East champion will receive an additional $600,000, with $300,000 going to the runner-up and $100,000 to the third-place team.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

I think we should spend the money on a giant kegger, everyone invited, except UCF-ers..... ;)

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

These are the types of threads that deeply disturb me.... at least wait until we're only ONE game away from the Sugar Bowl if you must do this. I am a firm believer in karma.   8)

I agree.  The more I read on this board, the more I'm starting to think that we're going to play an uninspired lackluster game and get a loss at UCONN.  We're getting pretty full of ourselves these last few days and I can't see how the team is going to avoid having some type of a letdown.  They're certainly not isolated from the community sentiment and excitement about WVU, possibly being Big East Champs, and going to the Sugar Bowl.  I just hope that they can stay focused and come home with a win.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I agree.  The more I read on this board, the more I'm starting to think that we're going to play an uninspired lackluster game and get a loss at UCONN.  We're getting pretty full of ourselves these last few days and I can't see how the team is going to avoid having some type of a letdown.  They're certainly not isolated from the community sentiment and excitement about WVU, possibly being Big East Champs, and going to the Sugar Bowl.  I just hope that they can stay focused and come home with a win.

I'm really not concerned about the players being focused. I'm sure the players aren't feeling and talking like this, it's just that there is a humorous force in the universe that loves to bite people in the butt that do this .........   ;)