• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls baseball in AAC Tournament action Wednesday, 3 p.m.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  357
  • Content Count:  4,113
  • Days Won:  56

59 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'll always remember those two as awesome experiences. I guess everyone has their own way of remembering things like that ....

I think you missed my point. They were awesome experiences, all, but none of them led to future success and the coaches soon found themselves looking for another employer.

• Topic Count:  357
  • Content Count:  4,113
  • Days Won:  56

26 minutes ago, GVLPalmettoBull said:

👆 Ditto. I will always remember where I was at watching that homer thinking we had a chance

I was sitting in the stands in Austin. It was the single most electric moment I’ve experienced in person at a USF sporting event. I wasn’t at Auburn, but I imagine the Grothe to Hester TD pass was the only thing more thrilling. Close runner-ups when I was in the stands: Ben Moffitt pick 6 vs. WVU and Chucky Atkins floater in the lane to beat FSU at the buzzer.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Brad
This post was recognized by Brad!

"Loved the long version analysis, thank you."

JTrue was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 10 points.

20 hours ago, Brad said:

And what does your experience tell you about that placement? High?  Low?  

I don't know... Stats don't jump out at you and its not like its hard to find a 6'2" pitcher who throws mid-90s these days. He throws harder as a reliever, not surprising. So that low to mid 90s as a starter jumps a bit to 95-97 out of the pen. They've got him with a 55 slider, so slightly above average and 50 for his FB, but I'd take that with an asterisks. That's probably going off his 93mph or so as a starter. That's not going to get it done these days unless you have some dynamite secondary pitches or you're a lefty. 97mph as a reliever works. Also, velocity has jumped soooooooo much the last few years, League average is 93.5. I'm not good with all the spin rate, mirror slot, etc. stuff these days, so I'm guessing there's a lot of that applied to him, too. 

TL/DR: Seems right. He looks like a guy who could make it to the majors and log a few years in someone's bullpen. That's really all you're asking for out of a pick in that round.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Brad
This post was recognized by Brad!

JTrue was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 5 points.

Somewhat related... from our current incoming baseball class, we probably have 3-4 guys who are going to get drafted. Eric Snow is also in the top 200 MLB prospects (183). But, that will happen when you're in the running for national HR leader. 

"If he winds up attending South Florida, he could become the Bulls' best position prospect since 2017 supplemental first-rounder Kevin Merrell."

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

36 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Somewhat related... from our current incoming baseball class, we probably have 3-4 guys who are going to get drafted. Eric Snow is also in the top 200 MLB prospects (183). But, that will happen when you're in the running for national HR leader. 

"If he winds up attending South Florida, he could become the Bulls' best position prospect since 2017 supplemental first-rounder Kevin Merrell."

Let’s hope they come on board…for the sake of the program.