• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Got an email to renew my MBB season tickets

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, bowman1 said:

Gods come pretty cheap nowadays, don’t they? I mean, you become one by putting a leather ball through an iron hoop. And I hate to tell you this . . . but it’s only a game

Guys that can put a ball through a hoop don't come cheap.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,530
  • Days Won:  25

5 hours ago, Brad said:

Untrue.  My being a football fan has nothing to do with punishment, but rather the success I got to enjoy in past seasons.  Being a part of something.   I know you're just being a curmudgeon dragging football into a basketball thread to be you, but, we're not all cynical curmudgeons.

I just don't give praise to coaches and who don't deserve it! I want both coaches to succeed, go undefeated, and win us a national championship. I just don't see either them turning into great coaches or deserving extensions.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Well, 

That's pretty generous of you.  I'm a Pirates fan, became one in 1970 because a player was drafted off my father's team.  They proceeded in '71 to win the World Series.  That certainly cemented my fanship to last until today.  And I very much enjoy reading about that team and that series.  I'm not so sure if I became a fan in 1970 and they struggled to win games for 30 years, much like today's team, I'd be that strong of a fan.  I don't think I could ever eliminate the importance of winning and its ties to being a fan.  That's almost weird Trip.  It doesn't mean I wouldn't support the team as I made my first Bulls Club/Athletics donation before football happened. But perpetually watching losing teams with no value placed on winning might be something other than a fan, maybe a superfan or fanbot.  :)  

It's not weird if you've lived in one place your whole life and you're a fan of those teams representing your home town. Different type of fans I guess. What you describe is kind of why there's so many Cowboys, Yankees, etc scattered around the country. Where the Pirates winning the World Series cemented your fandom, multitudes of the fans of those teams I mentioned originated their following with the winning ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

46 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I just don't give praise to coaches and who don't deserve it! I want both coaches to succeed, go undefeated, and win us a national championship. I just don't see either them turning into great coaches or deserving extensions.

Got it.  But this was about basketball tickets renewal. 

37 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It's not weird if you've lived in one place your whole life and you're a fan of those teams representing your home town. Different type of fans I guess. What you describe is kind of why there's so many Cowboys, Yankees, etc scattered around the country. Where the Pirates winning the World Series cemented your fandom, multitudes of the fans of those teams I mentioned originated their following with the winning ...

Of course, by far the majority of fans from any team. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,530
  • Days Won:  25

10 hours ago, Brad said:

Got it.  But this was about basketball tickets renewal. 

Basketball coach has been awful ....

27 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Basketball coach has been awful ....

Well done, you’re at least on the right sport now. 

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

11 hours ago, Brad said:

Which type?

originated their following with the winning ...

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

originated their following with the winning ...

11 hours ago, Brad said:

Then I disagree with "fans from any team". I think you've got a number of teams (assume we're just talking pros) where the majority of their fans originate with their hometown roots, not winning. Biggest bases that comes to mind are Cubbies and Red Sox fans.