• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF teaching us a lesson....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Even then it might be a stretch, the "Big 3" still pull in the top athletes around the country (all 3 are projected for a top 5 class), they get MILLIONS a year in booster/sponsor dollars, and can singlehandly create buzz around any football game.

USF will have to consistently recruit well and make the dollars that will allow us to match up with those programs year in and out. Riding busses for 4 hours to play one of them show how far we still have to go.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

I'll say this... the day one of us beats them OR one of their conference mates in a bowl game... that's the day the Big 3 opens up to include us.

Conference mates?  No.  They would need to be taken down in person for them to ever open their doors.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

goldenbuc i don't think we were killed by um, we beat the spread and held them to only 7 points in the second half of the game, i don't think that is a killing, we help in there and played, people were talking about us being a good team after that game and that we show alot of promise to be a great team in a few years

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289

How many of those teams actually have winning records?  As of right now, the answer is one - Houston, who happens to be losing in the fourth quarter right now and will no longer have a winning record.

Come on, you've got to be able to admit that your schedule is weak.  Saying that you belong in some Big 5 because you've won 8 games this year is just a huge fallacy.

Well we hung a loss on them, so it doesn't help with the win/loss column.  Who cares about this how many teams had a winning record argument.  You guys lost to Pitt.  What was their record at the time of the game.  You also beat up on Cinci and Syracuse, well let's just wipe those off hte books since they suck.  Plus, we're beating these teams while we're still in a rebuilding phase.  

I think you guys are just pissed because we're getting more votes.  You guys will get votes as you play more games.  Beat WVU and you'll be in the top 25.  

Also, USF was the better team this year.  They had one helluva running attack.  Congratulations to them.  The game next year should be very interesting.  Can't wait to get you guys in the C-Bowl.  

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

It all depends on what you mean by the Big 3 (or 4 or 5).  We will compete on the field far before we compete for the hearts of the people of Florida - as evidenced by the pathetic attendance on Saturday.

I honestly think we could compete at the level of UF, FSU, and Miami next year.  Are we in the same league in popularity - not for a long time if we ever do get there (and I hope I am wrong about that).

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

knight fan, you missed my entire point.  You've got fans that seem to think that your team is the second coming of JC himself solely because of your record.  I was simply pointing out that there are some severe weaknesses in who you play.  You don't need to automatically start critiquing our schedule just because yours is so weak.  Although, at least we've beaten teams with winning records...

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I wouldn't say we hung with Miami, I was at that game, and we looked pathetic, 4 INTs, about 170 yards offense. They ran almost exclusivly in the 2nd half just trying to get the game over with...

We did hang with Penn State though.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

You don't have to tell me that.  They're back to their smug, ridiculously self-inflated opinions of themselves after beating a string of just plain BAD football teams.  They're actually talking about a "Big 5" now... good god, you beat RICE and now you're in the Big 5?  *vomit*

There is a Big 3 and then UCF and USF.  Neither of us is close to being in their league at this point.  But I would say we are both getting more and more respect.

Hope you guys can keep up with us.   ;D

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

There is a Big 3 and then UCF and USF.  Neither of us is close to being in their league at this point.  But I would say we are both getting more and more respect.

Hope you guys can keep up with us.   ;D

MTK, your memory is short and your perception is skewed due to the weakened CUSA schedule.  USF totally dominated the Knights.  More so than UM did to USF.  Their is a difference betw. USF and UCF.  South Florida is closer to the big 3 than you'd like to admit.  UF and FSU would only be a 50% chance at a win in RJS.  Probably barely favorites at this point in the season.  Neither will ever visit Tampa to play the Bulls or the Knights in Orlando for that matter.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

USF isn't in the Big 3 yet, but they are closer to it than UCF is close to USF.