• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF teaching us a lesson....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Go ahead and move this now ...........

i didnt post this so that it would turn into a UCF bashing post.

I posted it here so we can all see what happens when a team is looking too far ahead of itself.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

good god, you beat RICE and now you're in the Big 5?  *vomit*

Actually we beat: Rice, Memphis, Houston, Tulane, East Carolina, UAB, La-Lafayette and Marshall.

That's 8 wins...with 7 games on the road...for the 6th youngest team in the nation and no single playmaker going into the season.

That warrants a Big 5 discussion as much one marquee win in the last 3 years, doesn't it?

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

NO

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Actually we beat: Rice, Memphis, Houston, Tulane, East Carolina, UAB, La-Lafayette and Marshall.

That's 8 wins...with 7 games on the road...for the 6th youngest team in the nation and no single playmaker going into the season.

That warrants a Big 5 discussion as much one marquee win in the last 3 years, doesn't it?

You know I have a lot of respect for UCF.  I have worked with many good engineers from that university and I believe they are academically on the up and up.  I also think their football program has a lot of promise; O'Leary is a hell of a coach.  

That all being said I am really tired of hearing this stuff about UCF deserving to be in the argument for the 5th big team in Florida.  If nothing else, the fact you almost lost to Rice today should persuade UCF fans to give up for a few years.  UCF was spanked hard by USF, not sure if you came to or saw the game but leaving that day there was little doubt who the better team was.  UCF was dominated by USF's second-string team, which played most of the second half.  If UCF played Miami (FL), Penn State, UofL, WV, and Rutgers they would be lucky to win 1.  You can make as good of an argument that your program is on par with USF as you can that you have a top notch basketball program because you won your conference last year.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

So you're saying that we have a better basketball program than you?

That's just crazy.  But it illustrates a great point.  Our basketball and football relationship, in my opinion, keeps it all honest.  For the last few years - it was almost a mirror.  Our basketball team did great while you're hit an all time low for a season...and vice versa with football!  (insert "we own you in basketball from tons of games in the past" comment here)

CURRENTLY:  I don't think you can make a huge arguement about the UCF basketball program or the USF football program (program, not team) being in a much better position without having a solid arguement going the other way.  

You argue weak basketball schedule, we argue IAA football games

You argue BCS, we argue facilities

You argue rebuilding basketball...we argue...well, rebuilding football

If you put the bias aside you really have something interesting there.

Just my opinion.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

We have the 7th toughest schedule in the nation in football, INCLUDING our 1-AA game.  

When you throw a schedule together like that in ANY sport, call us.  Until then, you're our bitches.  31-14, baby.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

We have the 7th toughest schedule in the nation in football, INCLUDING our 1-AA game.  

When you throw a schedule together like that in ANY sport, call us.  Until then, you're our bitches.  31-14, baby.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

i didnt realize that UCF's schedule was so weak.  

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

i didnt post this so that it would turn into a UCF bashing post.

I posted it here so we can all see what happens when a team is looking too far ahead of itself.

I know, rezz, but it's only a matter of time before they swoop in showing their butts ...

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

How many of those teams actually have winning records?  As of right now, the answer is one - Houston, who happens to be losing in the fourth quarter right now and will no longer have a winning record.

Come on, you've got to be able to admit that your schedule is weak.  Saying that you belong in some Big 5 because you've won 8 games this year is just a huge fallacy.