• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Think Vinik is getting cash together to make a donation?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

According to the usf alumni magazine he got the class of 56 award. I had no idea he was an alumni.  I posted earlier today before this thread was started, I think he is going to be the big fish and finance this baby with his 20% sale of the lightning. If he is a former alumni, what a better way to give back to your college than build the OCS and have your legacy live on for  over a 100 years. 

image.png.f87e2db98f2ff773aba3f7525f5213dd.png

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

If USF continues to show a measurable interest in the success of the programs, we may well find other winners that wish to align. 

I wonder how this is done. Is one person assigned to corporate accounts? Is this BK’s responsibility? Regardless, I think it will be key. Time to really leverage the fact we are an urban university. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

According to the usf alumni magazine he got the class of 56 award. I had no idea he was an alumni.  I posted earlier today I think he is going to be the big fish and finance this baby. 

image.png.f87e2db98f2ff773aba3f7525f5213dd.png

I did not know that as well. That could be an important factor.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I did not know that as well. That could be an important factor.

Lets hope so! he is also a guest professor so that at the Muma college of business for USF. I found that out. Plus side is that he knows how to take something at rock bottom like the lightning when he acquired them and build them into the best in the business. 

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We’ve sucked ass for four years…finally got a GM who knows what he is doing and finally getting back to winning 

Shockingly, kind of pulling for them because of their contributions to building the Lightning over the years .......... and Gallant was a great choice

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Shockingly, kind of pulling for them because of their contributions to building the Lightning over the years .......... and Gallant was a great choice

Yeah we unloaded and did the restart thing 4 years ago (had to be done), has been a long climb back. Love espn+ I don’t miss a game. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

44 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Lets hope so! he is also a guest professor so that at the Muma college of business for USF. I found that out. Plus side is that he knows how to take something at rock bottom like the lightning when he acquired them and build them into the best in the business. 

Just as importantly he has to have friends in the Tampa corporate community who can help as well: 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  0

48 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

He is not an alumnus. 
The class of 56 award is like an honorary title. Its for friends of the university.
He has a vested interest in the school growing and being strong as he has invested a ton in downtown and was pivotal in getting the usf presence built up in downtown tampa.  

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, 12inchtaint! said:

He is not an alumnus. 
The class of 56 award is like an honorary title. Its for friends of the university.
He has a vested interest in the school growing and being strong as he has invested a ton in downtown and was pivotal in getting the usf presence built up in downtown tampa.  

Ahh…ok…that makes since. He doesn’t look that old and we would have heard if he was an alumnus. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Vinik went to Duke and Harvard Biz.  

Edited by 79 Bull