• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  415
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, belgianbull said:

There is a lot of talk about the ACC losing teams. But if i was the Big 12 I would be nervous as well. Kansas and Oklahoma State are probably in a better position vis a vie  most ACC teams.

Maybe I'm naive, but I just don't see that. Kansas is an elite basketball program and OK State is a good/solid football program, but they don't stack up to what's already been taken. With football driving the bus they don't stack up to OU, UT, USC, UW, and Oregon. UCLA was the lucky market freebie but OK State won't be. The last meaningful chips on the board for the P2 are in the ACC. 

Edited by UCF_rustbucket

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002

SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

Presidents in the ACC and Big 12 have voted to authorize their commissioners to adopt the future framework related to a new CFP.

The SEC and Big Ten schools will see their annual distribution triple if not quadruple into the low $20 million range. The Big 12 and ACC are set to see a doubling of their previous amounts. Notre Dame is expected to receive its own annual distribution that is expected to increase significantly from its current distribution.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

5 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

Maybe I'm naive, but I just don't see that. Kansas is an elite basketball program and OK State is a good/solid football program, but they don't stack up to what's already been taken. With football driving the bus they don't stack up to OU, UT, USC, UW, and Oregon. UCLA was the lucky market freebie but OK State won't be. The last meaningful chips on the board for the P2 are in the ACC. 

Maybe true, but if that's the case  than I don't believe Virginia Tech, NCST and Georgia tech make the cut either.

Good for USF since I would love to be in the same conference as those teams.

And by the way congrats to UCF on a good first year in the Big 12 . Wouldn't mind joining you guys in the Big 12 in the near future. I would be fine with either the Big 12 or ACC.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

11 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

Presidents in the ACC and Big 12 have voted to authorize their commissioners to adopt the future framework related to a new CFP.

The SEC and Big Ten schools will see their annual distribution triple if not quadruple into the low $20 million range. The Big 12 and ACC are set to see a doubling of their previous amounts. Notre Dame is expected to receive its own annual distribution that is expected to increase significantly from its current distribution.

Honestly, the only thing that jumped out at me that I care about in that article is this paragraph:

A playoff format is further from being settled, but the contract is expected to include several guaranteed protections related to a format. The champions of the four major conferences and the highest-ranked Group of Five champion will earn an automatic qualifying spot into any playoff. Notre Dame is expected to have its own protections related to a format.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Honestly, the only thing that jumped out at me that I care about in that article is this paragraph:

A playoff format is further from being settled, but the contract is expected to include several guaranteed protections related to a format. The champions of the four major conferences and the highest-ranked Group of Five champion will earn an automatic qualifying spot into any playoff. Notre Dame is expected to have its own protections related to a format.

If that paragraph holds true then things will be fine imo 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  415

16 hours ago, belgianbull said:

Maybe true, but if that's the case  than I don't believe Virginia Tech, NCST and Georgia tech make the cut either.

Good for USF since I would love to be in the same conference as those teams.

And by the way congrats to UCF on a good first year in the Big 12 . Wouldn't mind joining you guys in the Big 12 in the near future. I would be fine with either the Big 12 or ACC.

Much appreciated! And same to you all for a fantastic basketball season and a clear positive trend for football. To this day, no clue what CJS was doing because with little to no effort, a Florida team should be a 4 to 6 win team at worst.

Agreed on all the schools you listed. I'd love to be in a conference with them, but they wouldn't be up to standard for where the B1G and SEC are right now. IMO it's FSU and Clemson in tier 1, Miami, UVA, UNC in tier 2, and that's it. 

• Like 2

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

They are using standard definitions for rank which means it will have nothing to do with the AAC for the couple of years that they will give the G5 a shot (which will be ripped away with caveats). I can see how it is a bit confusing because if it were definition three than the aac would have it on lock and be sitting on 4 auto qualifying bids. The NCAA tournament has roughly 500 teams that get in and being in the AAC means that winning your conference and going on nation leading winning streaks leads to the thought of you qualifying on those laurels is laughable to most of the nation. The AAC is death.

rank

1 of 3

noun

ˈraŋk 

Synonyms of rank

a

: relative standing or position

b: a degree or position of dignity, eminence, or excellence : DISTINCTION

soon took rank as a leading attorney—J. D. Hicks

c: high social position

the privileges of rank

d

: a grade of official standing in a hierarchy

: an aggregate of individuals classed together —usually used in plural

a

: ROW, SERIES

b

: a row of people

c(1)

: a line of soldiers ranged side by side in close order

(2)

ranks plural : ARMED FORCES

(3)

ranks plural : the body of enlisted personnel

d

: any of the rows of squares that extend across a chessboard perpendicular to the files

e

British : STAND sense 6

: an orderly arrangement : FORMATION

: the order according to some statistical characteristic (such as the score on a test)

: any of a series of classes of coal based on increasing alteration of the parent vegetable matter, increasing carbon content, and increasing fuel value

: the number of linearly independent rows or columns in a matrix

rank

2 of 3

verb

ranked; ranking; ranks

transitive verb

: to determine the relative position of : RATE

a highly ranked prospect

: to arrange in lines or in a regular formation

: to take precedence of

intransitive verb

: to take or have a position in relation to others