• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

On 2/24/2024 at 12:56 PM, Dave_Glaser said:

Say FSU, Clemson, Virginia and North Carolina exit. I’m certain I’m in the minority because everyone has dreams of grandeur, but as a fan I’d be plenty happy playing in a football/hoops league with Duke, N.C. State, Wake Forest, Pitt, BC, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Virginia Tech, Syracuse, WVU, Cincy, Tulane, Memphis . . . even Oviedo - whether it’s considered “power” or not. 

I agree! 

Anything is better than these Conference USA slackers... 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Their brand is dying and the b12 propagandist don't want to deal with reality similar to the big east. 

Completely agree!! Pre-PAC explosion, NOBODY cared about the PAC12 besides Oregon, UCLA and USC. Just because the B12 added everyone else, doesn’t make the conference any better. The B12 was crap before and now it has more crappy schools from a failed crappy conference. Are they better than the AAC, yeah, but that’s not saying much. Are they better than the current ACC, nope, and if the ACC loses FSU and Clemson but gain USF and Memphis (or UCONN), I still think the ACC is still better. I’m sorry, but AZ, ASU, Colorado, Utah, OSU, Kansas, they don’t move the needle at all. VT, UNC, Duke, Miami, and GT are all better than what they have. The ACC could rebuild very quickly and still be the 3rd best conference, it’s nothing like the P12 situation. 

Edited by michibull

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

On 2/24/2024 at 12:16 PM, bull2saintleo said:

Radio silence can also be a good thing too....

F that. The last few rounds of realignment we went with "There's not a lot of talk about us because we're making moves behind the scenes." Make noise. Make all of the noise. If we're making moves and a conference move is imminent, I wanna know about it right now **** it. VPMK needs to honor our constitutional right to be kept in the loop. 

On 2/24/2024 at 6:03 PM, Friscobull said:

You guys are a little too optimistic, we are still on the outside looking in.  I still feel like a heavier chick against the wall at a dance waiting for a partner.  We can boost up each other’s confidence in the bathroom as we touch up our makeup but we are still desperate no matter what we tell ourselves.

Listen, someone always ends up hooking up with the heavier chick because everyone knows the heavier chicks do all the freakiest stuff. We'll still get picked at some point.

On 2/25/2024 at 10:11 AM, Rocky Style said:

Right because the Big 12 is full of bangers after Texas and OU left.  

They're not, but they're stable because Yormark was smart and took the stability of the contract offer they were given, knowing full well they would be unstable without it. The Pac-12 turned their offer down and we see what happened there.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002
  • Days Won:  2

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I swear I read that breaking news from the ESPN alert and thought "Wasn't UMass already in the MAC?" Now it makes sense why I thought that.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

12 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

This will pretty much move USF to the ACC. It was good to beat SMU on ESPN2 with the sell out crowd. That is helping