• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

If the remaining ACC guys are smart, they’ll have a plan to raid the Big 12 - not the other way around. I have to believe that WVU, Cincy and Oviedo CC would prefer playing back east if the situation was right. Add us, Tulane and Memphis with whoever is left in the ACC and you have a league that fits us really well - despite cutting a few corners on the academic profile (mostly WVU and Memphis). Trade Cal and Stanford wherever.

Why did the B1G not add Calford? Judging by what they accepted in the ACC, they would have done partial shares!

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

16 minutes ago, JAFFX2 said:

If the ACC top tier teams get poached the ACC will get a huge ESPN haircut and will likely go by way of the P12 and no longer be a power conference.........

Say FSU, Clemson, Virginia and North Carolina exit. I’m certain I’m in the minority because everyone has dreams of grandeur, but as a fan I’d be plenty happy playing in a football/hoops league with Duke, N.C. State, Wake Forest, Pitt, BC, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Virginia Tech, Syracuse, WVU, Cincy, Tulane, Memphis . . . even Oviedo - whether it’s considered “power” or not. 

• Upvote 3
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  61
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Say FSU, Clemson, Virginia and North Carolina exit. I’m certain I’m in the minority because everyone has dreams of grandeur, but as a fan I’d be plenty happy playing in a football/hoops league with Duke, N.C. State, Wake Forest, Pitt, BC, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Virginia Tech, Syracuse, WVU, Cincy, Tulane, Memphis . . . even Oviedo - whether it’s considered “power” or not. 

Agreed.......provided Duke, NC State, GT, and VT don't bail for the B12.  Who would have ever believed that the 4 corners would have bailed for the B12?

Edited by JAFFX2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, JAFFX2 said:

Agreed.......provided Duke, NC State, GT, and VT don't bail for the B12.  Who would have ever believed that the 4 corners would have bailed for the B12?

ACC schools have no interest in leaving an eastern time zone conference to play in a western conference. I do believe ACC will eventually take Kansas and Baylor when all said is done.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

ACC schools have no interest in leaving an eastern time zone conference to play in a western conference. I do believe ACC will eventually take Kansas and Baylor when all said is done.

But do they have an interest in playing in a league with us?  Pitt, Syracuse hated being in the Big East with us.

• Crying 1

29 minutes ago, MMW said:

But do they have an interest in playing in a league with us?  Pitt, Syracuse hated being in the Big East with us.

This ain’t the same Ol’ SOUTH FLORIDA my brother!! 

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

2 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

There is no doubt that that is what ACC teams would prefer, but who is to say what will happen when fellow ACC teams see FSU, Clemson, North Carolina,.. be picked up by the Big 10 and the SEC. I think the Big 12 at that point will be in a better position, and the remaining ACC teams will be fidgety and ready to jump on a best case scenario, much as an average looking highschooler who doesn't have a date the night before Prom would.

If the ACC wants to out maneuver the Big 12 they should try to strike fast and see if they can get a Cincy and/ or West Virginia to jump ship. 

Edited by belgianbull
  • Upvote 1

• Content Count:  61
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

There is no doubt that that is what ACC teams would prefer, but who is to say what will happen when fellow ACC teams see FSU, Clemson, North Carolina,.. be picked up by the Big 10 and the SEC. I think the Big 12 at that point will be in a better position, and the remaining ACC teams will be fidgety and ready to jump on a best case scenario, much as an average looking highschooler who doesn't have a date the night before Prom would.

If the ACC wants to out maneuver the Big 12 they should try to strike fast and see if they can get a Cincy and/ or West Virginia to jump ship. 

Exactly no doubt what the teams would prefer, but in the vast majority of cases this isn't what the teams or conferences want but rather what is in the best interest of ESPN who will pull whatever strings are necessary to eliminate the ACC dead weight........

Edited by JAFFX2

41 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Don’t think ACC would go after Cincy. Maybe they will but I see them bringing in Kansas . And another Texas school from big 12 

But with that said, it will be interesting to see if the ACC wants another Florida school after they bring in the ACC schools. USF might have to settle on the big 12 if the ACC or big ten don’t grab USF 1st imo