• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Mike Stuben said:

The most interesting thing to me, what does Miami do. 

We know FSU is gone from the ACC. I am not sure Miami is one of the top 4 that gets the step up. If not, how does that impact us. 

Another wild scenario. SEC takes Miami and FSU. Then does the Big 10 look at us as a path to Florida. 

Nods about the B1G.  The B1G/FOX getting into Florida is something to pay attention to.   How long will they wait?

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

17 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

Did some reading up on the NC BoG business yesterday when I couldn't read the article from the Observer that was posted. Essentially if a team wants to leave their current conference they have to provide the BoG with financial impact and validate why they should be able to go where they're going. I assume some of this is to financially protect the schools like Duke/Wake/NC State that would not be moving into a B1G or SEC.

It is just to protect NC State. 

The state (government) shouldn't care about Duke and Wake, as they are private institutions. 

ie - the state (government) should care more about ECU and Charlotte than Duke and Wake. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, GoBulls84 said:

Did some reading up on the NC BoG business yesterday when I couldn't read the article from the Observer that was posted. Essentially if a team wants to leave their current conference they have to provide the BoG with financial impact and validate why they should be able to go where they're going. I assume some of this is to financially protect the schools like Duke/Wake/NC State that would not be moving into a B1G or SEC.

Basically it kind of means that if the big ten of SEC want UNC they are going to have to invite all the Carolina schools in the ACC. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

What if FSU wins the 2024 National Championship and Norvell gets hired to coach in the NFL?

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  138
  • Days Won:  0

I’m wondering where the point of diminishing returns is on conference size. At some point, not much value can be added by adding a lot of new teams. Also, it seems to me that some of the football deals that are currently held by the conferences are not financially viable for linear broadcasting (I’m looking at you ESPN). 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

24 minutes ago, Professor BullDawg said:

I’m wondering where the point of diminishing returns is on conference size. At some point, not much value can be added by adding a lot of new teams. Also, it seems to me that some of the football deals that are currently held by the conferences are not financially viable for linear broadcasting (I’m looking at you ESPN). 

I think the idea is to have an AFC and NFC and then cut the Vanderbilts of the world out until you have MOAR OHIO STATEZ.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

32 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

What if FSU wins the 2024 National Championship and Norvell gets hired to coach in the NFL?

Wouldn't they have to make the playoff first?

😉

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

15 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Wouldn't they have to make the playoff first?

😉

Forgot about that

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002
  • Days Won:  2

We shall see.