• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125
  • Days Won:  6

15 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Still I would rather play than maybe play.  

They all think they will play.  They have 18yo egos and probably dominated in high school.  

Edited by MMW

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, 00Bull said:

On a side note, been wondering if being in a metropolis actually is a bit of a detriment your football program? Seems like a lot of the best programs are in smaller cities where the college IS the town. 

It’s definitely a detriment in a lot of metropolitan areas … unless there’s a long, strong history like Los Angeles. 

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, 00Bull said:

Students or players can transfer from FSU to USF at any time. Are they?

On a side note, been wondering if being in a metropolis actually is a bit of a detriment your football program? Seems like a lot of the best programs are in smaller cities where the college IS the town. 

100% it does. Does not impact the potential of the program to perform, but overall I think it has a huge effect on fanbase. My wife visited her corporate headquarters in Birmingham towards the beginning of the season - the only thing people spoke about in office was who was driving to Tuscaloosa for the 'Bama game that weekend. People in Tampa have a lot of choices when it comes to spending a Saturday afternoon. That's part of the reason why I think moving to an OCS will actually HELP attendance, I think we will be better situated to capture fans who are even slightly unaligned with downtown Tampa/St. Pete - people in New Tampa/Land O Lakes/Lutz/Temple Terrace. We might (and should attempt to) become the biggest event of those communities come fall/winter while wooing the Tampa businesses for the luxury suites/clubs. 

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

10 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

100% it does. Does not impact the potential of the program to perform, but overall I think it has a huge effect on fanbase. My wife visited her corporate headquarters in Birmingham towards the beginning of the season - the only thing people spoke about in office was who was driving to Tuscaloosa for the 'Bama game that weekend. People in Tampa have a lot of choices when it comes to spending a Saturday afternoon. That's part of the reason why I think moving to an OCS will actually HELP attendance, I think we will be better situated to capture fans who are even slightly unaligned with downtown Tampa/St. Pete - people in New Tampa/Land O Lakes/Lutz/Temple Terrace. We might (and should attempt to) become the biggest event of those communities come fall/winter while wooing the Tampa businesses for the luxury suites/clubs. 

Arguments to justify an OCS are basically unnecessary...

Every recently succesful school has one... and some, are in an area with a large professional stadium 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Spent some time in Birmingham and you are correct, football is next to religion. 

Anecdotal but at a recent company meeting I attended there was an ice breaker for various on-site department heads on the panel to name their favorite sports team. There were around 10 participants but only 1 named a local team. Tampa is definitely transplant city.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, 00Bull said:

Spent some time in Birmingham and you are correct, football is next to religion. 

Anecdotal but at a recent company meeting I attended there was an ice breaker for various on-site department heads on the panel to name their favorite sports team. There were around 10 participants but only 1 named a local team. Tampa is definitely transplant city.

Tons of NY, Boston, & Midwest team fans/ transplants are living in Tampa Bay/ Florida area.  USF will make for a great addition to either the ACC or BigTen when all is said & done

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Bear said:

Arguments to justify an OCS are basically unnecessary...

Every recently succesful school has one... and some, are in an area with a large professional stadium 

I agree that arguments to justify an ocs are basically unnecessary now ...... but that one is definitely the weakest. For every successful team with an ocs, there's at least 2 unsuccessful ones playing in one. 

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,983
  • Days Won:  2

We have the highest average attendance for FBS games in the American.  

WWW.D1TICKER.COM

A look at FBS attendance for the 2023 season compared to year-over-year and five-year-over-year averages. | Data through Week 13.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

We have the highest average attendance for FBS games in the American.  

WWW.D1TICKER.COM

A look at FBS attendance for the 2023 season compared to year-over-year and five-year-over-year averages. | Data through Week 13.

We are first at something in the aac and football.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

We are first at something in the aac and football.

Should only get better once USF is competing for the conference championship just about every season. Good things on the horizon