• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

going to be fine in the long run which matters more than the short run

Bearing in mind that - in the long run - we're all dead anyway, so I would argue that we need short term dividends before we realize that kick ass National Championship in the 2098 FBS playoff over New Mexico State University.😎

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

9 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

We were and fired Leavitt.  We can't hire a coach with any sustained success and only have one coach over 0.500 other than Leavitt.

While Leavitt was a good coach, he was 17-18 in the big east.

let's not act like we were anything more than middle of the road as a program.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

8 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

He was 17-18 in a power conference and had a win percentage over 0.600. We don't have any other coaches closes to that so far. We have been waiting for 12 plus years.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

38 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Bearing in mind that - in the long run - we're all dead anyway, so I would argue that we need short term dividends before we realize that kick ass National Championship in the 2098 FBS playoff over New Mexico State University.😎

Yeah I agree. Would be nice to see some short run success that actually don’t end up being crashes like we jus went through these past two weeks. Im thankful for the 3-2 start but with that came pain right after lol. Hopefully the next short run will become a long run that lasts the rest of our lifetimes. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

29 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

He was 17-18 in a power conference and had a win percentage over 0.600. We don't have any other coaches closes to that so far. We have been waiting for 12 plus years.

Think Leavitt set the bar at a mediocre level so that USF fans can see how bad they would miss him when we had many coaches setting the bar very low lol

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I'm not arguing who our best coach was.

I'm saying we don't have some great history that would suggest we should look down on programs.

a 3rd place tie in the 6th best conference in the country is nothing special.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I'm not arguing who our best coach was.

I'm saying we don't have some great history that would suggest we should look down on programs.

a 3rd place tie in the 6th best conference in the country is nothing special.

It sure is exponentially better than bottom of the barrel of fbs football over the last 5 years and being stuck in the aac because the coaches and ads can't win consistently more games than they lose over any spread of time. Golesh has to change this or we are doomed for the next round of realignment.  Not saying your wrong but Leavitt did way more with less than anyone coaching football so far. There are no excuses we are here because we haven't had success in coaching hires since he left. Willy had a great recruiting classes that made him look like he was a good coach on the upswing. History shows he can't sustain  winning anywhere.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

53 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Middle of the Road in a BCS conferencebottom of the barrel currently

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

It sure is exponentially better than bottom of the barrel of fbs football over the last 5 years and being stuck in the aac because the coaches and ads can't win consistently more games than they lose over any spread of time. Golesh has to change this or we are doomed for the next round of realignment.  Not saying your wrong but Leavitt did way more with less than anyone coaching football so far. There are no excuses we are here because we haven't had success in coaching hires since he left. Willy had a great recruiting classes that made him look like he was a good coach on the upswing. History shows he can't sustain  winning anywhere.

again I'm not arguing who our best coach was.

Just that our history is nothing special and our fans shouldn't look down on our current conference mates as if they are beneath us.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

It sure is exponentially better than bottom of the barrel of fbs football over the last 5 years and being stuck in the aac because the coaches and ads can't EVER win consistently more games than they lose over any spread of time

FIFY

• Haha 1