• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

I can’t tell because of the grainy image, but is that Randy Quaid?

Stephen Root. Oh Brother, where art thou

7 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

FSU, Clemson, UNC will find a home. I expect it sooner then later since there will be race between Big 10 and SEC as to whom strikes first.

I the see the Big 12 then going after Louisville,  Georgia Tech, and Miami.

We then end up in the ACC with Tulane, and Memphis. Still would be a nice ACC with Virginia Tech, Pitt, and NC ST

All this is just mindless speculation on my part.

Who would be the the 4th in that scenario? FSU, UNC, Clemson, and ?? I think it would be a school that would mark the northern boundary, so probably a Virginia school? Or do they fill out with either another NC or Ga school? 

Miami to the B12 is kind of funny to me. I wonder if they’d feel insulted? If the ACC could retain enough of their current schools it could be a middling conference. 

Honestly, they should just cut the charade and create a relegation system. Playoffs on top. Bowl games for most of the other schools. Bottom feeders drop and the top from the lower conference or division moves up. 

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  2,962
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Who would be the the 4th in that scenario? FSU, UNC, Clemson, and ?? I think it would be a school that would mark the northern boundary, so probably a Virginia school? Or do they fill out with either another NC or Ga school? 

Miami to the B12 is kind of funny to me. I wonder if they’d feel insulted? If the ACC could retain enough of their current schools it could be a middling conference. 

Honestly, they should just cut the charade and create a relegation system. Playoffs on top. Bowl games for most of the other schools. Bottom feeders drop and the top from the lower conference or division moves up. 

Relegation would work for us as we're looking for a way out.  It's those that are higher up in the chain that will fight it tooth and nail.   

GOR's should keep B12 and ACC teams in their respective conferences for a while.  The one possibility I see, is the B12 easing travel for UCF since they're currently 900 miles away from their closest conference mate.  I say that at the risk of drawing ire from some of you guys on here.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

5 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

GOR's should keep B12 and ACC teams in their respective conferences for a while.  The one possibility I see, is the B12 easing travel for UCF since they're currently 900 miles away from their closest conference mate.  I say that at the risk of drawing ire from some of you guys on here.  

Personally, it wouldn't be 'ire' ..... more like consternation.

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Personally, it wouldn't be 'ire' ..... more like consternation.

Duly noted.   don't know keine ahnung GIF by Sixt   Desperate times.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,037
  • Days Won:  10

Personally if it means we are in the Big 12 I am totally fine with it.  Being in a conference with Oklahoma State, BYU, Cincy, TCU, Baylor, Arizona, West Virginia would outweigh the negative (although I personally don't see see one) of playing UCF.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

44 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

As a part-time Gator fan I would love to see this if Napier doesn't work out. Would be awesome to see Deion coach for UF against FSU. Recall that FSU passed on Deion in favor of Norvell. 

27 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

As a part-time Gator fan I would love to see this if Napier doesn't work out. Would be awesome to see Deion coach for UF against FSU. Recall that FSU passed on Deion in favor of Norvell. 

Something to watch in the future.  For now I'm watching Deion and Colorado to see if they can maintain this winning streak.  If they were sneaking up on anyone before, they're not anymore.  The PAC is full of winners right now.  Maybe the PAC will win the CFP this year.  That would be ironic. 

Edited by Cat941
ETA
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Something to watch in the future.  For now I'm watching Deion and Colorado to see if they can maintain this winning streak.  If they were sneaking up on anyone before, they're not anymore.  The PAC is full of winners right now.  Maybe the PAC will win the CFP this year.  That would be ironic. 

PAC and winning?

Breathe Schitts Creek GIF by CBC