• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Agree, but in general fanbases grow  and become more attractive to advertisers with recent performance success.

Teams still have a cap on fanbase growth Clemson seems to have a lower ceiling than the others on the list because of a host of limiting factors.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

2 hours ago, BayIslandBull said:

Meh, these people who post junk about a team having a bad season negating them as expansion candidates have no idea.

It's about how marketable their fanbase is to advertisers, and how much money can be made from them.

Yeah that's hilarious.  Clemson had a bad game so unfortunately they are out.  HAHA

3 hours ago, Cat941 said:

Is anyone else concerned that they are throwing around numbers like 100M and 30M gaps and we are supposed to compete with whatever crumbs we get?

29 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

Maaaan, I ain't reading all that. Cliffs notes?

They are freaking out about numbers that we can only fantasize about making per year.  And somehow we are all in the same "division" of college football and are supposed to compete with each other.  

• Go Bulls! 1

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

Yeah that's hilarious.  Clemson had a bad game so unfortunately they are out.  HAHA

Its definitely an over simplification but if they had 5 bad years how many 12 year old kids do you think you are going to run into in Houston TX wearing an orange paw print? Now how about the others? In a winning vacuum the other brands are more marketable, I do not see how it is debatable. 

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Its definitely an over simplification but if they had 5 bad years how many 12 year old kids do you think you are going to run into in Houston TX wearing an orange paw print? Now how about the others? In a winning vacuum the other brands are more marketable, I do not see how it is debatable. 

Hey they broke up bigger rivalries.  I guess who cares about FSU/Clemson.  Gotta make the corporate dollars go up!

2 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

They are freaking out about numbers that we can only fantasize about making per year.  And somehow we are all in the same "division" of college football and are supposed to compete with each other.  

Yes but we can go toe to toe with and of them on infrastructure spending and accrued debt.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Yes but we can go toe to toe with and of them on infrastructure spending and accrued debt.

Works for the United States!  Let's go?

Flying Car GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Just now, Rocky Style said:

Hey they broke up bigger rivalries.  I guess who cares about FSU/Clemson.  Gotta make the corporate dollars go up!

Ask most people about FSU rivalries and I am pretty sure they would bring up Miami and Florida. This is directly related to a cooperate dollar question on an island with scheduling and winning held equal what would Clemson be worth on its own and would that be more than ND, FSU, UNC and UM? If I were Clemson I would try to keep winning. This isn't a kibbutz and the marketable are not required to continue to carry the unmarketable simply because they have for too long and the unevaluable then try to brand their welfare "rivalry". 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

24 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Agree, but in general fanbases grow  and become more attractive to advertisers with recent performance success.

then why take clemson out and include miami? miami hasn't won anything since their BE days.