• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

40 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Hopefully AAC adds Georgia State 

35D6B383-47C9-491F-AA76-10378D77FFEA.png

At this point Aresco has to be fired. He is out of step when he says he will focus any expansion efforts "within our strong geographic footprint"? The AAC has lost UCF, Houston, SMU, Cincy, UConn  and have replaced it with teams like Charlotte, Rice, and North Texas.

Now he has shown the inability to add Mountain West teams and WSU, and OSU,

USF best option now is to approach the Mountain West together with Tulane, UTSA, and Memphis.

Now is the time for Kelly to show some backbone and lead an approach to fire Aresco, and get us out of the AAC.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

sad thing is we also have no real rival. Atleast with UCF we had 1 game to really look forward to each year. I guess we can be rivals with FAU. I'm gonna go ask for some anti depressants now. 

Yes!   Since we've been on the losing end of realignment of late, we can't risk elevating FAU.  

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

8 minutes ago, OhioBull said:

Be patient.  This is far from over.  The ACC or BIG12 will both be courting us at some point AND/OR the PAC2 will join the AAC/MWC or whatever.  No matter how you slice it this is not done and we are too valuable a TV market and a high quality institution to be left behind forever.  It is very dynamic.

Hell yeah!! USF will eventually be caught in a tug o war between the power conferences. Exciting times!!

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, belgianbull said:

At this point Aresco has to be fired. He is out of step when he says he will focus any expansion efforts "within our strong geographic footprint"? The AAC has lost UCF, Houston, SMU, Cincy, UConn  and have replaced it with teams like Charlotte, Rice, and North Texas.

Now he has shown the inability to add Mountain West teams and WSU, and OSU,

USF best option now is to approach the Mountain West together with Tulane, UTSA, and Memphis.

Now is the time for Kelly to show some backbone and lead an approach to fire Aresco, and get us out of the AAC.

I do hope that we have been working on an exit strategy.  It's past time. 

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

I can't wait to see what crap tactic school we add to this conference next. As it stands, I'm not driving 7 hours to see any of the teams in our conference in person. I just paid the 70 bucks a month to be able to stream the games and I had to ask myself was it worth it the whole time... we are truly in the worst possible situation from a fan standpoint. If we somehow go undefeated in conference, do we brag to our uf and fsu colleagues about it? Does it matter much in the Florida/ national landscape. Do we get buzz on college GameDay? I honestly don't know. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

1 minute ago, Brad said:

I'll get my hand slapped, but... 

I've already been told the stadium debt financing is safe, based on the present and the current changes don't matter, even though we see the AAC wobbling and a certain reduction in fan interest (because of recent and perhaps future expansion in AAC).  For that matter... the ACC, once suggested as a future home, will be less than today.  They already took that first step in a slow-mo implosion. 

USF potentially benefitting from the last possible domino doesn't bode well for fans, supporters, donors, financiers, businesses, apparel sales, NIL, websites, etc.  Three seasons to go before the stadium boosts short-term interest.  I truly hope our leaders are assessing all risks and can articulate a plan for the survival of the program.  We need Golesh to do his part, but there has to be more.  This is a complete brand/Athletics rebuild.  Gotta be more to it.  Truly a tough row to hoe.

If the Mountain West adds WSU and OSU our approach is an easy one. Fire Aresco for is ineptitude and lack of a national vision, and approach the Mountain West together with Memphis, ECU, UTSA, and Tulane.

Now is the time for Kelly to get us out of the AAC.

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

I'll get my hand slapped, but... 

I've already been told the stadium debt financing is safe, based on the present and the current changes don't matter, even though we see the AAC wobbling and a certain reduction in fan interest (because of recent and perhaps future expansion in AAC).  For that matter... the ACC, once suggested as a future home, will be less than today.  They already took that first step in a slow-mo implosion. 

USF potentially benefitting from the last possible domino doesn't bode well for fans, supporters, donors, financiers, businesses, apparel sales, NIL, websites, etc.  Three seasons to go before the stadium boosts short-term interest.  I truly hope our leaders are assessing all risks and can articulate a plan for the survival of the program.  We need Golesh to do his part, but there has to be more.  This is a complete brand/Athletics rebuild.  Gotta be more to it.  Truly a tough row to hoe.

I don't think I will have confidence in our stadium's existance until it's physically visible.  ITA that it is a tall task to do this recovery.  Still worth it!  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

5 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

How did he calculate a third of a Billion?   That's not what they need, it's what they would have gotten from the conference on a full TV share?

They're only losing TV money, I saw posted, what other revenue are they getting from being in the ACC, and how does that compare to what they got in mighty AAC?

It's a boost to the program, it's just insane not to consider all impacts - tickets, apparel, on top of other conference revenue.

But maybe I am wrong.  Will need to defer to someone like @Jim Johnson who is all over this stuff.