• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  692
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

The OCS has brought my confidence in USF football back. To take that away will be very hurtful…

Exactly. Think I would thrown in the towel if RJS was the only option. 

Ditto. Except for the OCS bringing confidence. If anything it seemed like a desperate attempt to one up the ovideo school eclipsing us in the FBS pecking order.

While I'm excited about the OCS I couldn't help but eye roll at the timing both for the ovideos schools announcement and also bc of how **** late we are to that party.

We have been pathetic especially for the last decade and deserve this pity party.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

19 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

ITA.  What kind of an exit fee do we think SMU will have to pay for an early release from the AAC in 2024?  

I'd expect in excess of $20 million. Who knows where specifically they land, but UC, Houston, and C. Florida gave about 2 years notice and still paid $18 million. SMU is leaving sooner and due to all the inflation the government has caused, I'd expect that number to increase significantly.

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,980
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, TallyBull said:

I'd expect in excess of $20 million. Who knows where specifically they land, but UC, Houston, and C. Florida gave about 2 years notice and still paid $18 million. SMU is leaving sooner and due to all the inflation the government has caused, I'd expect that number to increase significantly.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it much higher.  It's less than a year notice. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

4 minutes ago, 350_BULL said:

Ditto. Except for the OCS bringing confidence. If anything it seemed like a desperate attempt to one up the ovideo school eclipsing us in the FBS pecking order.

While I'm excited about the OCS I couldn't help but eye roll at the timing both for the ovideos schools announcement and also bc of how **** late we are to that party.

We have been pathetic especially for the last decade and deserve this pity party.

We screwed up big, but I'm glad we are finally doing what needs to be done.  It's not desperate to me to actually lead and make moves.  We were too passive.

BTW - Let's add App State!

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,980
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Dogma said:

SMU joining 7/1/24.  10 months.  Also, didn't realize how small they are at 12,000 students.  

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

28 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

ITA.  What kind of an exit fee do we think SMU will have to pay for an early release from the AAC in 2024?  

Less than 1 year's notice.....$25 million. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  61
  • Days Won:  0

As much as I want to be in the ACC I hope it fails so SMU is left with nothing.  I wouldn't have mind that they got accepted for what they have done but what exactly have they done more than us in 40 years since they were giving the death penalty.  Id hope NCAA looks at this and thinks that it can't be right that someone is willing to play essentially for free for 9 years in order to be with the big boys.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  692
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

We screwed up big, but I'm glad we are finally doing what needs to be done.  It's not desperate to me to actually lead and make moves.  We were too passive.

BTW - Let's add App State!

I like the positivity and optimism. I will work towards incorporating that into my mindset in this regard. And fair point, no reason to beat down the institution for finally taking a step in the right direction.

Now 10000 percent. Yes!!! App State would be a dream. Those guys are legit, love the charm of their town, and especially the mountains. Would love a road game up there.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

22 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I agree.  It will remain to be seen if that was a genius move or not.  There's a lot of desperation showing from the networks all the way down to the teams.

It's a genius move no matter what. The cost to the university is $0 if wealthy oil tycoons are footing the bill. The reality is it only costs the donors $56 million, plus the buyout, as that is all they would have likely made in that timeframe in the watered down AAC.