• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,075
  • Days Won:  469

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

No ..... and that's what keeps our budding relationship from being perfect .... among other things.

Budding?  I thought we were pretty solid.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

31 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Man... this one made me think for a bit. Not really sure how to respond other than competition (of the good kind) brings in the fans. That said, we haven't been competitive with the "lesser value" teams.

Edit option timed out...

To add to this as it's still got me thinking... what was that "value" when program started and why can't we as fans take a step back and take those same steps we took then to enjoy USF football moving forward 2023+ and elevate the program again?

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

36 minutes ago, Brad said:

step brothers bedroom GIF

I picture this is you two a few years back...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Don't think it vindicates anybody. Everybody knows that the value to a media outlet is based on who you play. It's common sense  ..... The sad part is when the value to a "fan" is based on who you play.

3 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Man... this one made me think for a bit. Not really sure how to respond other than competition (of the good kind) brings in the fans. That said, we haven't been competitive with the "lesser value" teams.

My muddled point is who you play should be important to media outlets in terms of payouts but not to a real (and I cringe at using that identifier) fan. The Doomers think we're screwed if we don't get into a better conference and we're not ... at least we shouldn't be.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

40 minutes ago, Brad said:

We are ..... just not perfect.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

Don't think it vindicates anybody. Everybody knows that the value to a media outlet is based on who you play. It's common sense  ..... The sad part is when the value to a "fan" is based on who you play.

It’s not sad, is it exactly what is (and should be) expected. Newsflash, USF athletics is a product, not a cult. If the product stinks, through the direct play of the team OR by playing teams no one cares about, people will find something better to do with their time and money. Shocking, I know.

That’s been the whole point of the doomers who understand this is the last, best opportunity to change fortunes otherwise USF will continue to backslide. But feel free to continue sounding like a clueless, elitist blaming the fans for not swallowing this **** sandwich that USF has been serving them. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,983
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, belgianbull said:

But that's why it's my opinion that USF, Memphis, and  Tulane, and perhaps one or two others  should  break way from the AAC and start a new conference or join Mountain West/Pac merger. Our focus should not be the wellbeing of the AAC, but the wellbeing of our program.

We should not be looking at AAC commissioner to have our best interest in mind. 

Because he doesn't work for USF does he?  I agree.  We have to do what we can to move up, improve, and grow, etc.  

Edited by Cat941

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,983
  • Days Won:  2

Oh come on.  This guy never fails to churn out elitist bullcrap.  They can save themselves if they would just work at it. 

• Upvote 3