• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

Brad
This post was recognized by Brad!

WoolyBully was awarded the badge 'Helpful'

This is just another tectonic shift in the continuing evolution of the not-quite-NFL football project. If there is some way to really break the chains of the NCAA (and all that Title IX business) and have a football entity that is truly the upper crust when it comes to NIL, facilities and media, that's what our end game is going to be. As always, there's a finite number of seats in the lifeboat, so some of you (and you know who you are) are going to get wet. Don't like it? Fine, don't watch it. 'Cause there is sufficient interest to put forth product and generate some revenue from the sports books.  Are the SEC & B1G gnashing their teeth and rending their garments over the way things are developing? I don't think so. Maybe the clock has run out on our old 'college' football model. It worked for a couple of centuries, maybe time to go in another direction.  Gotta remember, a lot of things happen on the planet that we don't really have a say in. I am afraid that the power consolidation is one of those things. It'd be nice to be included, or it'd be nice to compete in our sub-system (however that shakes out), but I think the chasm between haves and the have-nots is going to morph into something that doesn't resemble what we all knew as college football. Too much money to be made.  And this is just the latest in a series of furniture rearrangements until we get the house looking just like we want.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,616
  • Days Won:  25

If the rumors come true that SMU is will join the ACC for free and Cal/Stanford take less money to join, why did AD MK not offer the same thing ? I thought he had deep acc connections and I figured his friends would welcome him with open arms for free.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

If the rumors come true that SMU is will join the ACC for free and Cal/Stanford take less money to join, why did AD MK not offer the same thing ? I thought he had deep acc connections and I figured his friends would welcome him with open arms for free.

How are  you getting all this inside information??

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Simple.  USF cannot afford to do that. It needs every penny it can get it's hands on.

SMU has donors willing to replace the TV money.

4 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

How are  you getting all this inside information??

Front page of espn college football.It makes me think they are pushing the narrative. I hope the votes keep failing if it is true.

image.thumb.png.1c9d88be2800bab98d40caa1ffefc9b6.png

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

why did AD MK not offer the same thing ? I thought he had deep acc connections and I figured his friends would welcome him with open arms for free.

Well, maybe he did and the guys at the table simply said "un uh".  All this talk about influence and connections...reminds me of that friend who is always pestering you to get him into the club, and you know - you know - that if you broach the subject, two things will happen. First - denied. Second - reflects badly on you. I'm just saying, that's what pops into my noggin every time someone brings up MK connections and getting us in the joint.  This is one of those instances where you've got to be desired, not just submitting an application.  It could be - just throwing it out there - that at this particular point in time we are, dare I say it, undesirable. Could be! 

Respectfully,

Mohammed & Jugdish

1 minute ago, WoolyBully said:

Well, maybe he did and the guys at the table simply said "un uh".  All this talk about influence and connections...reminds me of that friend who is always pestering you to get him into the club, and you know - you know - that if you broach the subject, two things will happen. First - denied. Second - reflects badly on you. I'm just saying, that's what pops into my noggin every time someone brings up MK connections and getting us in the joint.  This is one of those instances where you've got to be desired, not just submitting an application.  It could be - just throwing it out there - that at this particular point in time we are, dare I say it, undesirable. Could be! 

Respectfully,

Mohammed & Jugdish

I thought it would go more like this...

The OFFICIAL 2020 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread | Page 501 ...

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Front page of espn college football.It makes me think they are pushing the narrative. I hope the votes keep failing if it is true.

image.thumb.png.1c9d88be2800bab98d40caa1ffefc9b6.png

Ok but I don’t think they have anything regarding what is going on behind closed doors at USF. Besides I still don’t understand why USF fans are worried about Stanford, Cal, & SMU going to ACC. And I am not buying that we are even close to seeing the end of conference realignment. For starters who things the big ten won’t eventually expand south?? Still plenty of dominoes that have yet to fall dominos GIF

14 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Simple.  USF cannot afford to do that. It needs every penny it can get it's hands on.

I see your point but why & the hell should USF sell the farm for the conference landscapes when basically only two conferences are looking stable??

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

15 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Or as I was ready to reply:

USF is not SMU