• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

10 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Yes exactly. This is USF opportunity. They must win tons and get back some respect. So if & when the ACC expands USF is a shoe in with or without FSU leaving. 

An aside - can you imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth if the P2 break away and FSU and Miami aren't a part of either the B1G or the SEC? I know they will probably at some point get the call up, but the amount of puckering in the meantime would be great fun. Due to its age, USF has never had expectations of joining either the B1G or the SEC - those conferences only accept blue-bloods - but FSU and Miami probably couldn't imagine a world of CFB that doesn't include them at the highest levels. So much kvetching!

Edited by TallyBull

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  2,962
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

An aside - can you imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth if the P2 break away and FSU and Miami aren't a part of either the B1G or the SEC? I know they will probably at some point get the call up, but the amount of puckering in the meantime would be great fun. Due to its age, USF has never had expectations of joining either the B1G or the SEC - those conferences only accept blue-bloods - but FSU and Miami probably couldn't imagine a world of CFB that doesn't include them at the highest levels. So much kvetching!

On a related note, FSU has hit a bit of a rough patch by missing out on AAU and Miami has not returned to their championship form.  Their supremacy in the public eye is in danger of being supplanted.  

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,448
  • Days Won:  43

26 minutes ago, KB said:

This new "PAAC" would have two teams in the top 25 right now.  New Big 12 has 3 (I think).  Someone can double check me on that. 

You are correct. Oregon State & Tulane. Hopefully soon to be USF. PAC 8 will have at least 3 top 25 programs 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,467
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Cat941 said:

Little concerned that the B12 will add OSU and WSU (and all the PAC assets) if Stanford and Cal find homes and leave them as the last survivors. It would kill the PAC and benefit the B12.  I know, they're supposedly done in conference realignment.  But I don't believe 'em.   They've been causing USF pain for > a decade.  

My Proposed Names for the new conference:

Pacific Atlantic Conference

Pacific American Conference

(basically, I want to keep the PAC12 PAC14 PAC16 or whatever number) 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  2,962
  • Days Won:  2

I saw this yesterday: 

https://www.si.com/college/stanford/football/the-five-american-athletic-conference-programs-that-make-the-best-pac-12-expansion-targets#gid=ci02c6fde0d002246c&pid=memphis

On USF:

TV Market rank: No. 13

University Ranking: No. 97

With Pac-12 expansion no longer really having the ability to worry about regionalism, landing USF gets them to stretch their footprint even further. While they have had some down years, we have seen this program have success in the past with top-25 finishes in 2016 and 2017. Market size is the name of the game in media rights deals, and having access to yet another large market helps in a major way.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

4 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

You are correct. Oregon State & Tulane. Hopefully soon to be USF. PAC 8 will have at least 3 top 25 programs 

Pre season polls are pretty worthless, but if you look at the potential PAC/ Mountain West/AAC merger you have Tulane, Oregon State, UTSA, Boise State, Memphis, San Diego State, as well as others that easily could  be top 25 this year. Furthermore, I expect us to be top 25 as soon as next year.

I hope people in charge are smart enough to see how great this league could be for all teams involved in merger.

FWIW it seems there's much more smoke/excitement on social media about the PAC potentially rebuilding itself than there is about a potential merger between the PAC and the AAC. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

Getting hopes up for a positive USF outcome:

image.gif.31beb80a712ce110b7ebeed23039bf21.gif

Edited by TheUpperHand
  • Haha 1

Interesting discussion about the proposed PAC Apple deal. I like it a little more after hearing this (could maybe resurface if the PAC rebuilds)?:

1 minute ago, TheUpperHand said:

Getting hopes up for a positive USF outcome:image.gif.31beb80a712ce110b7ebeed23039bf21.gif

Who knows? Maybe he'll stop before he goes over the cliff this time. 😉

And in any case, we don't really have the option of not playing the game.