• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

And I’m not saying to go independent. What I’m saying is if all hell broke loose and most programs decided to go independent, USF should be fine given their location & airport making it easy for other schools to travel to.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

5 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

And I’m not saying to go independent. What I’m saying is if all hell broke loose and most programs decided to go independent, USF should be fine given their location & airport making it easy for other schools to travel to.

Thats fine. I was saying if it was us, Notre Dame and UMass, we are like UMass, not Notre Dame. Today, being an independent would be a very hard road to cross. UConn did it to prop up basketball. Unless you are Notre Dame, it is hard to thrive in that situation. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It's using the same measuring stick that all programs use no matter how much you don't want it to be .... and Shirley you're not naive enough to think that other programs don't give away tickets, also.

I’d suspect that having a bigger stadium allows some teams to bs more than others.

It’s such a ghost town these days, the hype guys can’t even get the green/gold chant going most games. :::green::::awkward silence pause::::green:::awkward silence pause::::

That is also why the OCS is 35k and not 50k as you would suspect it would be for a team that was truly pulling 30k average (at its worst point in history mind you).

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,983
  • Days Won:  2

The real end game is revenue. As it stands, each Power Five conference gets a base CFP share of $80 million.

"One fewer Power Five conference means more money for the other four," said one Power Five AD, "but how exactly do you distribute it?"

cfp-logo-pylon-getty.jpg
WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

The demise of the Pac-12 could have major ramifications for the College Football Playoff and influence at collegiate sports' top level

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,983
  • Days Won:  2

So much money if somehow the PAC4 could hold onto their autonomy status.  What would it take?  And could we be part of it?  One can dream.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

The real end game is revenue. As it stands, each Power Five conference gets a base CFP share of $80 million.

"One fewer Power Five conference means more money for the other four," said one Power Five AD, "but how exactly do you distribute it?"

cfp-logo-pylon-getty.jpg
WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

The demise of the Pac-12 could have major ramifications for the College Football Playoff and influence at collegiate sports' top level

Aresco should be chiming in right there whenever they are already talking about 4 power conferences 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

51 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Two weeks ago I would have said you're nuts for even thinking that. Today .........

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

45 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

I’d suspect that having a bigger stadium allows some teams to bs more than others.

Good point but bottom line, those announced numbers are what programs are measured against each other on when talking attendance ......... and actually, who knows if they're even looked at that much with other data being more useful.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, 00Bull said:

More of this 30k plus in attendance nonsense? Giving out tickets is not attendance no matter how much you want it to be. 

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

It's using the same measuring stick that all programs use no matter how much you don't want it to be .... and Shirley you're not naive enough to think that other programs don't give away tickets, also.

Gotta hope they show up and pay parking and concessions, merchandise.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Imagine a world where every FBS football team were independent and could just directly negotiate their media rights directly with whatever network they wanted. And negotiate scheduling with whatever other FBS football team it wanted. Certain "brand" schools would get a mountain of money. Other lesser brands would get less. But presumably it would all be based on viewership and market. Could USF do well in such a world? The selection show for playoffs would be pretty wild.