• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

7 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Has it only been twice?  Oh yeah, I guess I included 2016 when the B12 failed to add any teams and also Rutgers winning the B10 lottery in 2014.  I'm questioning why our value is minimized now when we have so many positives to bring to the table!

We have many positives and have won in past. But let’s be realistic we are horrible in football and basketball lately, for a conference like the B12 or PAC that is reeling and needs names that will bolster the way people look at it, adding USF at 1-11 and with 4 wins in last three years would be a PR nightmare.

We need to win this year, so we at least have the semblance that we are on our way up

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

While McMurphy mentioned several G5, there's some scuttlebutt that really only UConn is being considered because Yormark loves them and wants to have a NYC presence of some sort. A few writers have noted that it's either another PAC team for 14, UConn for 14 if none bite, or potentially 3 PAC teams to get to 16.

I've read the same.  It's an opportunity for the B12 to act wisely but instead seem happy to keep you on an island.  

6 hours ago, puc86 said:

People aren’t going to just randomly decide to include us in the conversation we need to force ourselves into the conversation and if the person charged with that cannot figure out how to do it the organic way then they need to be a disrupter. 

At least hire a PR firm and payoff every sports reporter on their way to unemployment to start including us in the conversation until people get inundated with it enough that they actually start doing it of their own volition.

Building a G5 stadium isn’t a solution to a P5 problem and people need to stop pretending that it is. 

We are less apart of the conversation than we would have been last year, which was less than we would have been the year before, which is less than the year before that, which is less the year before that, which is less than the year before that, which is less than the year before that… and one man stands alone as the driving force of that tangible decline.

That is my fear too.   We can't just let this idea that we are not worthwhile continue to take hold in public perception.  Brett's negativity does hinder us and adds to that idea in the national media.  In response USF supporters and officials should be shouting our virtues from the mountain tops.  Don't we have schools of marketing that could help us out?   

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  416

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

We have many positives and have won in past. But let’s be realistic we are horrible in football and basketball lately, for a conference like the B12 or PAC that is reeling and needs names that will bolster the way people look at it, adding USF at 1-11 and with 4 wins in last three years would be a PR nightmare.

We need to win this year, so we at least have the semblance that we are on our way up

Great points Cubanbull. I'll add to this that the difference between a USF team that has struggled recently vs a Colorado team that's struggled recently is the big picture strategy in being able to damage a fellow P5 conference contending for the #3 spot.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Cat941 said:

I've read the same.  It's an opportunity for the B12 to act wisely but instead seem happy to keep you on an island.  

I think the island thing is not very impactful. It would save UCF one trip somewhere else every year for their teams, I would think UCF would take that over us being in the Big12 with them. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  416

20 minutes ago, michibull said:

I think the island thing is not very impactful. It would save UCF one trip somewhere else every year for their teams, I would think UCF would take that over us being in the Big12 with them. 

Exactly right. Even in our time in the AAC we had you guys right nearby but beyond that, our closest opponents were Tulane, Memphis, and ECU. Those are all closer than any Big 12 conference mates but not by a lot lol

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, michibull said:

Never quite understood the whole travel partner thing ..... It's not like they'd be sharing a charter plane going cross country.

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Never quite understood the whole travel partner thing ..... It's not like they'd be sharing a charter plane going cross country.

It's the impact on all the sports teams that I'm thinking of.  The basketball teams have two games in a season typically against a conference mate.  The other piece is the ease of scheduling for B12 teams coming to FL if they play both schools on one trip.  

Edited by Cat941
spelling dang it

1 hour ago, michibull said:

For sure if given the choice they would.  Fully understand that.   I just remember hearing from WVU fans in the past that weren't happy with their travel burden, back when they were on an island.   

1 hour ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

Great points Cubanbull. I'll add to this that the difference between a USF team that has struggled recently vs a Colorado team that's struggled recently is the big picture strategy in being able to damage a fellow P5 conference contending for the #3 spot.

Yes.  Definitely a bonus.  Just thinking of the future if the ACC is looking to stay in FL if their schools get poached.  Taking USF off the board I guess.