• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

21 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

The biggest question is what is going to happen to the PAC-9?? At least the AAC appears more stable than that once power conference. Will people still call it a P5?? Lol

Washington, Oregon, Oregon State,  and Utah  are all good football programs. Cal, Stanford, Arizona, ASU, Colorado, and Washington State are all up and down.  They are probably better long-term than any program in the b12 outside of Texas and Oklahoma and they are gone after next season. They wont find any issues making a new home in any conference or adding schools to the pac if they want to expand. It all comes down to the PAC tv deal.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

10 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Washington, Oregon, Oregon State,  and Utah  are all good football programs. Cal, Stanford, Arizona, ASU, Colorado, and Washington State are all up and down.  They are probably better long-term than any program in the b12 outside of Texas and Oklahoma and they are gone after next season. They wont find any issues making a new home in any conference or adding schools to the pac if they want to expand. It all comes down to the PAC tv deal.

The thing is the tv deal opportunities are  drying up. So I doubt pac9 will be able to get a tv deal that they are accustomed to. 

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

Eh, SDSU is a better program than Colorado. The PAC should hold a press conference tomorrow and add the Aztecs.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Eh, SDSU is a better program than Colorado. The PAC should hold a press conference tomorrow and add the Aztecs.

PAC leadership is terrible. They are probably talking about being renamed the Back 9 err I mean PAC 9 conference 

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

10 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

The thing is the tv deal opportunities are  drying up. So I doubt pac9 will be able to get a tv deal that they are accustomed to. 

Why I really want amazon to make a deal and host all pac games. It would be game changing and cut out the cable companies like ESPN and tv deals like FOX, ABC, CBS, and NBC etc...

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, rollinbull said:

I'm going on a hunch that Kelly etc. already have an agreed   plan with a conference and are waiting in the wings, so to speak . I believe that Kelly was told to build Stadium , indoor practice field etc.   Just my 2 centavos 

To the ACC which could end up the bottom of the P4 or the top of the G6.  But at least not the AAC I guess. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

USF:  Getting left behind for a 3rd time.

The end.

• Crying 1

9 minutes ago, Brad said:

To the ACC which could end up the bottom of the P4 or the top of the G6.  But at least not the AAC I guess. 

The key word is could. I will take my chances with USF being in a conference with the east coast. Basically it will be like a Super Big East. Cuse, Pitt, VTech, BC, GaTech UL etc..

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Like that's going to happen.  Have you not seen how USF has bumbled realignment the past 15 years at every turn.  Have you seen even ONE credible news source indicating USF is a candidate for ANY conference.  

I haven't.  

Yet I see UConn, SMU, Memphis, UNLV, Colorado State, and Tulane mentioned by knowledgeable media all the time.  

USF has fallen so far they are now behind a former woebegone Tulane as an expansion candidate.  The same Tulane we laughed at for years and who couldn't win a game for decades.  USF is and always will be a Sun Belt level program.  

Get that through your head.

Edited by BullsFanInTX

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

31 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

PAC leadership is terrible. They are probably talking about being renamed the Back 9 err I mean PAC 9 conference 

Fact. They do appear clueless and bent on their own destruction.