• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  25
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

This is interesting. If the big 12 is only looking to have 14 football members then they may have a hard time with only getting one of the AZ schools. I believe I heard something that AZ & ASU are joined at the hip and would be a political nightmare mare if they ended up in different conferences. Kind of like the Oregon & Washington situation that came up during the big ten rumors. Politics jumped in and made those rumors go away lol

14 was floated to the media as a pressure point.  They want to get to 16, there's more conference stability at 16.  It was said last night that Colorado was given a deadline of August 1st to give the Big 12 an answer.  Say what you will but Yormark is playing this game very well.  Arizona is next, with 2 of Arizona St, Utah, Oregon, or Washington following.  Oregon and Washington have already been vetted for the B1G and were shown not to bring enough value to match or increase their new media deal (or they would have already left with USC and UCLA).  Unless they agree to take significantly less per year in the B1G than the other members what are they gonna do?  Stay in a crippled PAC that will get a streaming only media deal worth $12-15 mil per year?

ESPN will offer pro rata ($31.7million media only, $50-55 when you add in everything else) for each P5 team added to 16.  

FOX has to agree to match

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,000
  • Days Won:  12

5 minutes ago, StDee said:

14 was floated to the media as a pressure point.  They want to get to 16, there's more conference stability at 16.  It was said last night that Colorado was given a deadline of August 1st to give the Big 12 an answer.  Say what you will but Yormark is playing this game very well.  Arizona is next, with 2 of Arizona St, Utah, Oregon, or Washington following.  Oregon and Washington have already been vetted for the B1G and were shown not to bring enough value to match or increase their new media deal (or they would have already left with USC and UCLA).  Unless they agree to take significantly less per year in the B1G than the other members what are they gonna do?  Stay in a crippled PAC that will get a streaming only media deal worth $12-15 mil per year?

ESPN will offer pro rata ($31.7million media only, $50-55 when you add in everything else) for each P5 team added to 16.  

FOX has to agree to match

Solid take. B1G also knows the LA schools need travel partners out there. They don't want to hold the knife that kills the P12 though. 

I'd add UConn to the B12 picture

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  2,339
  • Content Count:  21,348
  • Days Won:  10

Why would Big12 take UConn located way away from other conference teams except WVA.  Seems to me they don't care about people traveling to see their teams play without flying.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,448
  • Days Won:  43

22 minutes ago, Rizman said:

Why would Big12 take UConn located way away from other conference teams except WVA.  Seems to me they don't care about people traveling to see their teams play without flying.

Both WVU & UCF are on their islands to the east of that conference set up. Not sure how their sports will be able to handle that travel each season. Plus adding the west coast schools does nothing to spark interest to the east coast.  

If true then it just proves how bad leadership is within the PAC12. I would rank them below some of the G5 conferences at this point 

673A5289-D5B6-4FAF-BE68-C87A8BD2BCBE.png

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,000
  • Days Won:  12

from r/cfb

Now Chris Nee (247 FSU beat reporter who is pretty trustworthy) has made some mention of FSU leaving soon, this morning. It's paywalled, but one comment that was lifted out of on r/fsusports from Nee was "Over the last decade, and especially since the signing of the latest ACC TV contract (GOR), I've been largely dismissive of FSU when it came to realignment discussions. I am not at this time."

https://247sports.com/college/florida-state/board/36/contents/just-a-quick-note-about-fsu-and-acc-relationship-future-plans-213268493/

Just now, hm101 said:

from r/cfb

Now Chris Nee (247 FSU beat reporter who is pretty trustworthy) has made some mention of FSU leaving soon, this morning. It's paywalled, but one comment that was lifted out of on r/fsusports from Nee was "Over the last decade, and especially since the signing of the latest ACC TV contract (GOR), I've been largely dismissive of FSU when it came to realignment discussions. I am not at this time."

https://247sports.com/college/florida-state/board/36/contents/just-a-quick-note-about-fsu-and-acc-relationship-future-plans-213268493/

I been seeing rumors by 8/15 that FSU is making a move 

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  688
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

Ehhh, ACC has a presence in Tampa, but I'd argue the Gators/SEC have a stronger hold on the market and surrounding areas. Hell, I live in North Port (an hour+ south of Tampa for the uninitiated) and there's more Gators gear than anything else down here.

There's also the notion that if you grab USF now, you prepare yourself to keep the Tampa market presence when FSU presumably leaves for B1G or SEC.

This is brilliantly said. Call us up to ACC and you'll see that our market value increases exponentially. Tampa is fickle and likes status/name brands. While I did not like the fights some of the casuals would cause during our popular big east days, I will say that type of viewer is a necessity for growth. Most of the Nole/gator fans I know have no direct relationship to the university other than fandom bc it's what's cool in the city. And these people are ride or die which is crazy. Anyways went off on a rant there...

5P's: Proper planning prevents poor performance 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,916
  • Days Won:  33

33 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Both WVU & UCF are on their islands to the east of that conference set up. Not sure how their sports will be able to handle that travel each season. Plus adding the west coast schools does nothing to spark interest to the east coast.  

WVU is no longer on an island since they have Cincinnati (and UCF to a much lesser extent).

BYU is no longer on an island with Colorado potentially joining.

That leaves UCF. Why would the Big 12 take UConn and have 2 islands?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

9 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

WVU is no longer on an island since they have Cincinnati (and UCF to a much lesser extent).

BYU is no longer on an island with Colorado potentially joining.

That leaves UCF. Why would the Big 12 take UConn and have 2 islands?

They might perceive a UCONN island worth it given the basketball program's cache. But I like your point and agree with it.