• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Guest Jonesy Bull
28 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You guys are throwing out and adding teams like you are playing a game of monopoly. The one small, tiny detail you all are forgetting is...MONEY!!!! This is all exercise in futility unless ESPN is willing to pay another $28 mil per year to add four more teams to the AAC. In fact it may be more than that if the new MW teams will want more $ to cover transportation. Because the contract is for 12 years you are talking a MINMUM of $336 million to add the teams over the lifetime of the contract. Further, there is $40 mil in total buyout by these teams which will have to be done in three to five years. You want BYU (which is highly unlikely)? Then you are talking close to another $100 mil over the life of the contract.

Not saying it wound not happen, but ESPN will have to crunch these large numbers to see if there is a payoff. 

You know better than to use intelligent logic on this board.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  484
  • Days Won:  1

Personally, I don't think it makes much sense to add western schools in anything except football, and maybe basketball. The majority of these sports are already net negative in terms of money, so when you add in even greater travel expenses, it makes little sense. Football only membership makes sense. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Is it possible that if 9 football members of the AAC (everyone but Tulane and Tulsa) left the conference and joined 5 of the MWC schools to form a new conference (BSU, SDSU, Air Force, CSU and UNLV), wouldn't they be able to negotiate a new TV deal with any network they wanted as a new conference?

Yes, that is correct. This would have everything to do with the college presidents having the balls and I don’t think these academic people have it in them to that. But it would be the smartest play. However, I wonder if this would mean all of the ncaa Basketball credits would be list? Regardless, this is a good football move. 

8 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Then that may be a way to address the money issue. Personally, I'd still like to see it be a basketball conference too. With 5 west coast teams you can probably get away with 2-3 road games a year out there and do it on a single trip. It might be a little more challenging for a west coast team in an 18 game conference scedule where they would need to make 2 trips out east.

For example, SDSU could play home and home with BSU, Air Force, UNLV and Colrado state for 8 of their games, but will still need to play 5 away games against the rest of the conference. 

Y s all sports league would be best if it could be pulled off. I wonder how many years the NCAA would wait before declaring auto bids. Maybe a moot point if Memphis, SDSU,  and Cincy are along for the ride. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

On 1/25/2020 at 10:16 AM, brybull1970 said:

Army will never join a conference again. They left C-USA because they were concerned their players were getting too beaten up. I like Air Force, San Diego State, Boise State, Colorado State and one other MWC team if we could in turn dump Tulane and Tulsa and level out at 14, but the only way to do that is to go form a new conference which wouldn't be the worst idea.

UNLV is the other MWC team. Cheap and easy flights from all areas. Tons of affordable lodging options. Their team is now going to play in one of the nicest stadiums in the country and it gets you a foot in the door for conference tournament options, all western conference hold their tournaments here. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

My dream if the P5 doesn't happen.

National.thumb.jpg.c4f887aec622de01435c3b444680c3bc.jpg

Works for me, gives me 3 drive-able games, 1 of which a little over a mile from the office. Sign me up!

1 hour ago, 206BULL said:

UNLV is the other MWC team. Cheap and easy flights from all areas. Tons of affordable lodging options. Their team is now going to play in one of the nicest stadiums in the country and it gets you a foot in the door for conference tournament options, all western conference hold their tournaments here. 

UNLV is such trash in football and it’s been a long time since BB played a role. I would wait to see if the new facility helps...it could be another Ray Jay and not make a difference. Seems like there are much better MWC teams to choose from. 

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

My dream if the P5 doesn't happen.

National.thumb.jpg.c4f887aec622de01435c3b444680c3bc.jpg

Good with those but get rid of UNLV...find another option. 

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

UNLV is such trash in football and it’s been a long time since BB played a role. I would wait to see if the new facility helps...it could be another Ray Jay and not make a difference. Seems like there are much better MWC teams to choose from. 

I’m sorry, were you talking about UNLV or USF when talking about football and basketball programs? Never said they were bringing quality on the field to the table, much like some of the teams already in the conference. Don’t hate at the potential for me to get a home game every now and then now that your home game left the conference 😂

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Sorry but if you take anyone out west, it's BYU. If BYU won't come, take BSU, AFA and SDSU. I you need two more to replace Tulsa and Tulane, you take Utah State and either Fresno State or Nevada. Those are the best programs and not just football or basketball.