• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Keeping the AAC at 10 games is the way to go...assuming we are not one of the chosen ones. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

"If nothing happens or if something happens and there's still the bulk of teams in the league, the only course for these teams if they want to compete at this level is to keep winning and keep investing and be a [Power Six conference] and get a better TV deal in a few years," Aresco said.

P6 is my preferred outcome...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

P6 doesn't equal the playing field revenue wise.  No one can truly say they wouldn't want Oklahoma, Texas, or any of the Big 12 teams on the schedule.  It would draw bigger crowds, help grow the fanbase, draw recruits, and regular national exposure.  

I don't dislike the AAC and each of the teams bring something to the table, but if we can get into the Big12 we go and don't look back.  We stack our chips, improve facilities, and prepare ourselves for when realignment happens again.

Edited by thatBULL
  • Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, thatBULL said:

P6 doesn't equal the playing field revenue wise.  No one can truly say they wouldn't want Oklahoma, Texas, or any of the Big 12 teams on the schedule.  It would draw bigger crowds, help grow the fanbase, draw recruits, and regular national exposure.  

I don't dislike the AAC and each of the teams bring something to the table, but if we can get into the Big12 we go and don't look back.  We stack our chips, improve facilities, and prepare ourselves for when realignment happens again.

Sorry if unclear, but to me P6 means equal revenue to whatever P5 is getting now

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

11 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Sorry if unclear, but to me P6 means equal revenue to whatever P5 is getting now

Yeah I'm just not sure the networks open the purse strings for even more teams. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

Yeah I'm just not sure the networks open the purse strings for even more teams. 

Winning cures everything, they say.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Besides the cash, the next most important or, perhaps for the fan even more important, is getting a better bowl lineup. 

Even with a great year, if we don't win the conference, the best bowl we can hope for is the St. Pete Bowl or Boca Raton Bowl. Neither gets me excited. 

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, charsibb said:

A P6 scenario is my favorite option also (outside of a unicorn ACC invite), but except for the teams in the AAC no one in the college football world wants another P5 conference. It has been made VERY clear that the powers that be would be very happy to have the same 5 conferences and the same Top 25 polls every year. Outside of our world, the "haves" have NO desire to split their pie with anyone else.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Best case would be that ESPN gets angry at B12, they pull some strings to get Texas and OU out and basically kill the B12 like they did the BE. The question remaining would be... do we have a P5, or, do the new "P4" conferences all expand to 16 and does USF get into any of them?

Right now, the B12 is awful. If you put UH and USF in there, we would still be the front-runners in our conference. While I agree that getting in the B12 right now would be great, I fear that it may be another BE situation. If Texas and OU are taken out, does Kansas, TTech, and Iowa State really draw more fans to Ray Jay than Navy, UConn and ECU? Probably, but, it's not as significant any more. The whole deal is we need the $$$ and better bowls.

• Upvote 1