• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

I honestly doubt BYU was ever a top candidate.  Other than the media, not a single Big 12 source stated that they wanted to move west, but they did mention that they wanted to go southeast.  Further, the media is not informing the Big 12 of anything they did not already know about BYU.  Beyond the first couple of days, the Big 12 has been ultra silent and separating fact from fiction can become difficult as time goes on.  Go back and watch the comments that Bowlsby and Boren made when they announced expansion and tell me that USF does not fit perfectly.  Southeast, academics, high potential, and large markets.  The moving southeast comment was in the original video, but for the life of me I cannot find the press conference that Bowlsby and Boren gave right outside the meeting room when they announced.  If BYU is/was out, Memphis is out, and I really believe Houston is out, that leaves Uconn (not southeast), Cincy(not really southeast), UCF, and us.  UCF is the other school that matches the criteria above and I am just not sure what makes them a better candidate than us, but for some reason Dodd just posted this incredibly pro UCF article (http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/how-nike-and-the-blur-offense-have-scott-frost-confident-in-a-ucf-power-surge/).  In the adding four teams scenario, Cincy, Uconn, USF, and UCF just make too much sense and is in line with what the Big 12 has mentioned.  If they only go 12, I am legitimately worried that UCF gets the nod, or perhaps it is USF and UCF.  The timing and the seemingly ongoing academic investigation bothers me, but it could just be because there has been no real information put out about it.     

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

10 hours ago, jvwvu said:

This is great news! You take BYU out of the equation and everything shifts geographically towards the east.

Oh, don't buy all that bs about ucf's shiny glimmer (that's just a polished coprolite). They went zero wins last season and they made O'lair their AD... The B12 won't miss that.

I like our chances more and more!

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

4 minutes ago, TimBulla said:

This is great news! You take BYU out of the equation and everything shifts geographically towards the east.

Oh, don't buy all that bs about ucf's shiny glimmer (that's just a polished coprolite). They went zero wins last season and they made O'lair their AD... The B12 won't miss that.

I like our chances more and more!

I like our chances as well, but as much as I want to find reasons UCF should be excluded, their 0-12 season will not be a factor to the Big 12, nor will our 2013 and 2014 seasons.  The fans and media only care about such short sighted issues.  Long term, USF is a great investment.   

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

Article: Networks may try to fight Big 12 expansion plan

ESPN and Fox Sports don't think they should have to pay more money for a worse product. According to the Sports Business Journal, adding more teams doesn't mean more value:

ESPN and Fox Sports believe that expansion with schools from outside the power five conferences will water down the Big 12 and make it less valuable, not more, sources said. But the Big 12 is financially motivated to add more teams. A clause in the conference’s media deals stipulate that if the Big 12 expands, it would receive pro rata increases in its rights fees.

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/networks_may_try_to_fight_big_12_expansion_plan/s1_13132_21502126

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - TAKE THE MONEY and RUN!

There is absolutely no guarantee that ESPN, and now Fox, won't trash the Big 12 at the end of the contract anyway.

First question: Does the B12 expand or not?

I think they do. If they fold under the TV networks' pressure, then they look really weak. They'd be laughed at by the media. And the longer it goes on (day by day), it means they will expand. Otherwise, they'd release a statement saying they've changed their mind.

Second question: By 2 or by 4 teams?

I think they go with 4 teams. Why? This is all about money. If they are going to upset the TV networks, they might as well go all out. And 4 teams will make it financially worthwhile for them. With two teams, all that does it helps them to have a playoff scenario that looks legit versus a repeated conference title game with 10 teams. They aren't worried about making the year-end playoffs; they had that covered with the title game. Now, they want to make more money. So, I think they go with 4 teams. Plus, when they came out of that meeting a few months ago, they mentioned the idea of going with four -because of the dollars involved.

Third question: Where does USF stand?

I think we get in. With all the teams in play, Cincy, Uconn and USF are the only ones who had been BCS teams. And when they look at us from our BCS days, they know that we are a sure bet to succeed. And they know they can get a good deal out of us (we will accept a lot less of the cut to get in because of student financing, leaving more money for the current B12 teams).

Fourth question: Who gets in?

Cincy for sure. 99%.

Houston. 90% They are too big and too strong to ignore. Even though it saturates Texas like an inbred family, it only makes sense. For all the negatives, it does strengthen the conference. And they too are heavily financed by the students, so they will bend over and take less to get in -just like USF.

No BYU. Too many issues now. No Colorado State. That's just another unnecessary island.

What you have left are Uconn, Memphis, USF, ucf gnats... and some other schools who have no shot.

---------------------------

It could be Cincy & Uconn - if something happens with Houston's votes.

But I see it as Cincy, Houston, USF and ucf gnats.

With BYU out of the picture, it really makes sense for the B12 to go south and grab the Florida schools.

If I were a betting man, I'd put this as the best bet for how it will turn out: Cincy, Houston, USF and ucf gnats.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Here's something interesting about UConn: they will create traveling difficulties for most of the B12 schools.

OU to UConn: about 1,600 miles

UT to UConn: 1,900 miles!

Baylor to UConn: 1,800 miles

TCU to UConn: 1,700 miles

No way UConn gets in.

Guest PCBull14
10 minutes ago, TimBulla said:

Here's something interesting about UConn: they will create traveling difficulties for most of the B12 schools.

OU to UConn: about 1,600 miles

UT to UConn: 1,900 miles!

Baylor to UConn: 1,800 miles

TCU to UConn: 1,700 miles

No way UConn gets in.

This regarding UCONN. Great all around athletic program, but on a island regarding B12 expansion. USF and UCF make to much sense when all factors are taken into account.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

1 hour ago, TimBulla said:

First question: Does the B12 expand or not?

I think they do. If they fold under the TV networks' pressure, then they look really weak. They'd be laughed at by the media. And the longer it goes on (day by day), it means they will expand. Otherwise, they'd release a statement saying they've changed their mind.

Second question: By 2 or by 4 teams?

I think they go with 4 teams. Why? This is all about money. If they are going to upset the TV networks, they might as well go all out. And 4 teams will make it financially worthwhile for them. With two teams, all that does it helps them to have a playoff scenario that looks legit versus a repeated conference title game with 10 teams. They aren't worried about making the year-end playoffs; they had that covered with the title game. Now, they want to make more money. So, I think they go with 4 teams. Plus, when they came out of that meeting a few months ago, they mentioned the idea of going with four -because of the dollars involved.

Third question: Where does USF stand?

I think we get in. With all the teams in play, Cincy, Uconn and USF are the only ones who had been BCS teams. And when they look at us from our BCS days, they know that we are a sure bet to succeed. And they know they can get a good deal out of us (we will accept a lot less of the cut to get in because of student financing, leaving more money for the current B12 teams).

Fourth question: Who gets in?

Cincy for sure. 99%.

Houston. 90% They are too big and too strong to ignore. Even though it saturates Texas like an inbred family, it only makes sense. For all the negatives, it does strengthen the conference. And they too are heavily financed by the students, so they will bend over and take less to get in -just like USF.

No BYU. Too many issues now. No Colorado State. That's just another unnecessary island.

What you have left are Uconn, Memphis, USF, ucf gnats... and some other schools who have no shot.

---------------------------

It could be Cincy & Uconn - if something happens with Houston's votes.

But I see it as Cincy, Houston, USF and ucf gnats.

With BYU out of the picture, it really makes sense for the B12 to go south and grab the Florida schools.

If I were a betting man, I'd put this as the best bet for how it will turn out: Cincy, Houston, USF and ucf gnats.

You need to get your arse off TBP and go post this propaganda on other sites because besides you chumps, nobody on the planet is talking about USF to the B12. 

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

You need to get your arse off TBP and go post this propaganda on other sites because besides you chumps, nobody on the planet is talking about USF to the B12. 

Wow you're negative...

• Upvote 2