• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I'm numb to anything not published by a reputable source. Message board posts and blogs are not reputable. When the person is claiming Memphis is a the leading candidate you know this person is deluded. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

12 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

Memphis has the lowest academic rating of all the potential candidates.  I can't imagine the B12 Presidents wanting that mess in their conference.

But they have, by far, the most prestigious football program. So it's a trade off.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

21 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Congrats on the Big 12 invite. USF will not be invited as we just have the support right now. Good luck and it was great to have Memphis in the same conference even for a short while. 

Well done!

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, TigerJay said:

I can actually share this fact with you. What I am saying is coming from an ambassador of our university. Meaning his sources come straight from the horses mouth or 1 point removed from the horses mouth of our university. 

He actually was nice enough to share on the crazy Memphis board which the media(Jeff Goodman, John Martin, Mike DeCoursey, Dan Wolkens, ect...)loves to pull material from to write crazy articles about us. He posted this 3 weeks ago 

I must be missing the part in all of those posts where you are guaranteed Big 12 entry.

And why would Memphis need $1 billion in athletic expenditures?  Does anyone spend that kind of money?  Or is that in reference to the athletic budget, of which even us have nots spend several hundred million over the course of 10 years.

Not much logic in Tiger Town these days.

51 minutes ago, Gismo said:

I'm numb to anything not published by a reputable source. Message board posts and blogs are not reputable. When the person is claiming Memphis is a the leading candidate you know this person is deluded. 

But they have Fedex!  (They also had Fedex years ago, all sorts of Fedex stuff *promised* if they got into the Big East.  Never happened)

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

the latest I have seen is no expansion unless there is also  a Big 12 network, and if one is created, then UConn is the lock,  Unless...

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  104
  • Days Won:  0

I don't expect you to believe me. I know you will believe our president though. Just follow along the next couple of weeks.

https://twitter.com/UofMemphisPres

Edited by TigerJay
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  104
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

But they have Fedex!  (They also had Fedex years ago, all sorts of Fedex stuff *promised* if they got into the Big East.  Never happened)

FedEx is about making a profit. After all those teams left it wasn't profitable. Fred Smith is a businessman first and Memphis fan second. The American wouldn't be good business for FedEx plus once the Big East name was sold that deal was definitely off the table.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, TigerJay said:

FedEx is about making a profit. After all those teams left it wasn't profitable. Fred Smith is a businessman first and Memphis fan second. The American wouldn't be good business for FedEx plus once the Big East name was sold that deal was definitely off the table.

So big east was less profitable then where ever Memphis was...? The AAC is more profitable then the Big East was?

You aren't making any sense. Memphis' conference affiliation has no bearing on FedEx. Also, if Mr FedEx loves Memphis so much why is his support dependent on conference affiliation?